Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tickford work pretty well as an outsourced upgrade-channel for FoMoCoOz. Otherwise they seem to be a pretty closed shop when it comes to selling products to consumers. And I'm not talking about spin-off merchandise here.

Is there any merit in giving the average punter the ability to walk into a Tickford workshop and have their existing under-factory-warranty wheels massaged with Tickford hands? Surely there'd be some money to be made there wouldn't there?

Lukeyson

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
I would think that Tickford are pretty busy catering for Ford.

Happy Jack might just be the person to answer this question for ya Lukeyson.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I for one would love this option but there is no way in Hell they can do it with the way they are set up at the minute. No space No manpower and No time. As it is they want to increase the engine bays to 17 but have to wait till Xmas.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
You are right Luke. If they want to they could open a shop somewhere in Melbourne and offer a service like Mic or Herrod. I don't think they could do it at the current site with out spending up! As for HSV I don't know!

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm buggered if I know why my profile says I'm a Vanagon member. I mean, that's probably a forum I joined before that Ford Forums are a part of. The VW Vanagon is the US name given to the VW Transporter. Aka Combi (The square looking ones before the Eurovan). I had a 4WD Syncro while in the US.

I know, I have wandered off-thread. Perhaps if I'd been able to bring my Vanagon to Tickford to have it modified.......

lukeyson

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
JEM said:
I think HSV used to do it, but not any more? Hobbes might be able to verify that!
I am sure you are right Jem. I do know that once you but a HSV you become part of their family so to speak. You can modify you car with their help above and beyond the standard option list. For example if you want to race your GTS they have performance parts available to the owner through the dealership

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Luke Plaizier said:
Tickford work pretty well as an outsourced upgrade-channel for FoMoCoOz. Otherwise they seem to be a pretty closed shop when it comes to selling products to consumers. And I'm not talking about spin-off merchandise here.

Is there any merit in giving the average punter the ability to walk into a Tickford workshop and have their existing under-factory-warranty wheels massaged with Tickford hands? Surely there'd be some money to be made there wouldn't there?

Lukeyson
I would love to see it happen, but have some reservations. Like you think Ford would be quite good at working on there own cars, but how many people on here dred the thought of taking their cars to the local Ford dealer!!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Re: Re: Should Tickford have a 'Customer' division?

XLR8 said:

I would love to see it happen, but have some reservations. Like you think Ford would be quite good at working on there own cars, but how many people on here dred the thought of taking their cars to the local Ford dealer!!
Good point, but this is where maybe yet another T series owner privilege could be used, where your car is cared for by a Tech that has been trained to treat it as his own?

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
Luke, If that Vanagon thing is annoying you change it.
Edit your Profile.

I was able to change mine after I became a "newbie" again.
Guess that's what you get for not posting in a while.:eek:

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
....how many people on here dred the thought of taking their cars to the local Ford dealer!!
Oh, only since I was a bit busy one Christmas and let them replace the Front Brake pads. Everything was fine until Boxing Day when both bolts holding the caliper on FELL OUT! onto the road.:fmad:

Weird thing is, the Service Manager didn't seem to think this was something to make a big deal about.:eek:

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
RAPTOR said:

Oh, only since I was a bit busy one Christmas and let them replace the Front Brake pads. Everything was fine until Boxing Day when both bolts holding the caliper on FELL OUT! onto the road.:fmad:

Weird thing is, the Service Manager didn't seem to think this was something to make a big deal about.:eek:

Yeah its funny how they think its your fault or no big deal......have a mate who is a tow truck driver and he has towed a new commodore back to the dealer more than 20 times...yes 20 times!!!

That makes me feel better.........a little anyway:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
RAPTOR said:

What !!!!!!!!!!Nothing to make a big deal about??????:eek:
I hope you set him straight!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Even Mercedes doesn't have 1 tech working on the same car unless the owner asks for them by name to work on the car or they are the only person with the special training for the car, the bloody armoured limos are a good case in point! Although I've somehow been attached to a customers cars at his request. Back on topic I think that tickford offering the ability to fit Tickford bits to cars already on the road is a good one. I can't remember what the HSV/Holden program was called but it allowed HSV and HBD bits to be installed after the car was built or delivered IF the modifications didn't require a complete rebuild, which they need by the first service anyway!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
HSV will modify a car to customer tastes but only until the point of delivery. After delivery it becomes a used car and they won't touch it. That's why some hard core members are going to Corsa because you can take the car back and upgrade.

If you want to modify your car, Herrods offer anything you want and the quality and service are definitely there.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
One thing too I guess we overlook is "compliance" and "adr's" etc..or couldn't pass exhaust test,etc..Would love it to happen,but it won't.Back to performance catalogues checking U.S exchange rate,visa card ohh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts