Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 13 25.0%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
No pics because I'm lazy.

2 x 12 inch Clarion Subs in a large ported box in the boot facing towards rear - gives me more bass than other way around.
6x9 Clarion 4 ways on custom rear parcel tray made from MDF with a 5inch port in the tray.
6.5 inch Clarion Splits in front doors.
4 inch JBL oval's in dashboard in factory position, but sealed off with plywood.
Alpine 9813 Head Unit.
1 Alpine V12 630W multi-channel driving subs & front splits.
1 Eurovox 2 channel 240W driving 6x9's.
4 inch mids driven off deck.

Sounds awesome, used a lot of sound proofing around car. Love the Alpine Deck.

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
No camera at the moment, so I don't have any pics of the sub or amp.

Currently running Pioneer DEHP-7450MP head unit, Pioneer 330watt 6x9's, Pioneer 10" 500watt sub, from a small Pioneer Amp.

On the w/e I will be changing the sub and amp to Kenwood gear that came out of my GF's old car. I spent too much money doing up her sound system instead of doing mine. So some of her gear was better than mine.

Here's a pic of my HU though, as it's all I have. It is a self install.

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
strokexd sounds like a nice system how many db's is that give ya

me mate was goona get done for noise pollution with his 2 rockfords by the EPA but didn't go over the limit so he got off the limit is 91 db's isn't it can someone confirm

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
when my car is finished i shall post some pics of the boot install

·
D.T.A
246 Posts
Okay heres my little bro's xf system, keep in mind was a budget one and was built mostly with components that we had laying around from previous cars etc.... but here goes I made a custom rear mdf shelf for him fitted it with his 2 Blaupunkt sub's, we threw in a cheap set of 6 1/2 Jensen's for the time being as awaiting splits but the adjustable and recessed tweeters are already in place, Both the subs and the 3 ways are powered from two amps both Dominator brand one's 80w rms and the other is 40w rms the 40 power's the slits and the 80 for the amps the front has 2 4x6 two way Blaupunkt's and their ran off the Sony cd deck, the whole system is a very nice sounding and has a spl of 95db internally, which isn't too shabby (he wishes for the same as the plates! SPL567!!!) considering this whole system was done under a grand total! and for a car that see the plenty of road anyday he's wrapped with it and the plus is that it looks great but the car will still be there when he comes back from the shops etc.. Please note the power feeds to the amps have since been trimmed and tidied up pic was taken on the day of install! He only had two constraints make it look great and it mustn't interfear with boot space too much to which I think I've acheived on both counts!
Anyway enough talk heres some pics!
Cheers
Nev

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
blueovalxfboy said:
strokexd sounds like a nice system how many db's is that give ya

me mate was goona get done for noise pollution with his 2 rockfords by the EPA but didn't go over the limit so he got off the limit is 91 db's isn't it can someone confirm
Don't know the dB but it's pretty loud and clear, very happy with the way the bass is working now - made a massive difference having sub box face backwards.

Here's the pics..

Attachments

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
STROKEXD thats a fair hole coming out between the seats r u gonna put a free air sub in there or somethin

xf6250 cant wait

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
That dont look to bad lwrdef

·
D.T.A
246 Posts
xf250 thanks mate yeah it come up alright with a bit of planning etc.. as for cutting the metal blueoval nah still had to cut out about a 3inch by 2 1/2 inch strip to fit each woofer but it's right next to the factory cutout in the middle of the shelf for some reason the self's differ from the xe to the xf ones but yeah it's only minimal metal that was removed and the whole shelf has something like 40 screws holding it in place so no matter who says what it's about 12 times stonger than the stock 0.9mm one!
But yeah the raised woofers were a great idea i thought and the 6 1/2's actually have the shelf flowing around it (it's actually filla' foam carved into shape then carpeted but it looks great) I've even had offers of $350 to make a couple more!
thanks for the comments though guys!
cheers
Nev

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
i remember i had to cut out so much metal to put my 12 inch sub on the shelf, then i took it out and didnt weld a plate in there, and when i got canaried 1.5 yrs ago, the copper actually told me that u arent allowed to cut metal out of the shelf as it is a structual part of the chasis, he said to me if he sees me on the road again he is straight away looking in the boot to see if there is a great big whopping hole in the rear shelf.

·
D.T.A
246 Posts
ouch! yeah understanable about the 12inch removal of metal but I know it's illegal only without reinforcing it back to original strength, & thats why we screwed it onto the original shelf with the 40 or so 15mm length teck screws as if anyone looks at it they'd have a hard time believing / convincing us that it's been structually weaker than standard 0.9mm steel pressing as it's 20mm mdf!! Even the roady guy I used was worried about it till he looked at how well it was done and seeing it was more than original strength he signed off the car for the rwc pass!
so welded up the hole yet?? If not get a peice of 2mm plate made up and weld it onto the originall shelf and just keep the 12 inch once again it'd be much stronger than the factory one!
Just an idea!
Cheers
Nev

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
Nah haven't welded the hole yet, gotta do it when the car goes back to the panelshop to get painted, i gotta kick the screens out so it'll be a lot easier to weld a plate in there

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
blueovalxfboy said:
STROKEXD thats a fair hole coming out between the seats r u gonna put a free air sub in there or somethin

xf6250 cant wait
Good spot, used to be an 18inch free air sub there, but the hole now works great to let the bass through from the sub box and boot. I put in an XF Ghia rear bench so also what your looking at is the cetre section folded down..

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
xf6250 i didn't realise u had ya JL's in the rear shelf i just thought they came out between the seats or faced into the boot or somethin how did ya go about boxing them is it a bit of a bitch or didn't u box them.

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LWRDEF i was just wondering what the grill is out of because my xg grill has the ford badge in the centre and that does not

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
blueovalxfboy said:
xf6250 i didn't realise u had ya JL's in the rear shelf i just thought they came out between the seats or faced into the boot or somethin how did ya go about boxing them is it a bit of a bitch or didn't u box them.
I used to have a 12 inch kicker free air sub on the shelf, nah the 2 jl's are in an almost pyramid style box facing thru the centre fold down.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts