Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 EF XR6. At higher speeds, about 110 upwards there is a vibration that seems to originate from under the car. The vibration goes when a load is put on the drivetrain (ie accelerating, uphills, 4-5 people in the car) but when the car is coasting at higher speeds the vibration can be quite noticable. I have had the tail shaft shifted 180 degrees and had the vehicle checked by two Ford dealers, they either dont know what it is or dont think there is a problem. Does anyone know what this may be.

Also how do I address the problem of my discs constantly warping causing a shuddering when braking at high speeds?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello AndrewP,
I had a 98 EL with the same symptoms. The braking side I fixed by importing (I live in South Africa) a set of brake rotors from Disc Brakes Australia- www.dba.com.au

I opted for their long life grooved rotors. I found them to be an excellent upgrade to the standard Ford units!

The vibration I suspect might come from the tie-rod ends on the steering rack-have them checked by an expert. Let me know what you found, please.

See ya,
Phillip

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Phillip for your reply, I'll contact the Brake mob and I'll get someone to check for the problem. I will certainly let you know how I go, my car is under warranty (2nd hand 3 year!) and I have described this symptom since the first week I bought it so it is covered!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts