Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 93 thunderbird LX 3.8 V6, it has been sitting up for about 2 years I was told, said that is ran great when he parked it. It just need upper and lower ball joints on front. I had to replace the fuel pump after car would not crank, changed oil and filter and transmission fluid. Drove the car around the block. Then I parked the car got it up on stands waiting to change the ball joints. Next day I went out and cranked the car, it sounded funny, sounded as though the rocker arms were chattering, or a rod was hitting the valve cover and would not stay running, according to the oil pressure guage, oil pressure was good,(don't know if it was true or not). Any ideas of what happened over night, I have none. Please give me something to look for. Thank you :BW:

·
Registered
39 Posts
the bad news is the motor has been sitting too long. maybe the oil galleries have blocked eithier way it doesnt sound good sounds like its dropped oil pressure. the v6 was never one of ford's better ones. it might be time to find another engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts