Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
XY UTE 351C 4spd 9"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanna get some wheels for my FC LTD and i was thinking of either the F9R simmons 16" or the 5 Spoke (size??)
what wound u guys recomend and does any1 know a rough cost of the wheels without tyres? (dragway website doesn't say and i couldn't find a simmons website) and what size do the 5 spoke come in?

thx all

Dragway 5 spoke pic

Simmons F9R pic

LTD pic

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I would take the simmons any day of the week muself. I don't think the dragways would suit it. The dragways will most likely be a sh!tload cheaper though.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
I'd go a set of Dragways in 15" over the Simmons, I think they really suit that body style. However if you're looking at 16" or larger I don't think Dragways would be around in that size. Perhaps the Torq-Thrust wheels they have on Mustangs in the US? Can't imagine they would be cheap though, or easily available in the right size/pcd/offset/etc here.

·
XY UTE 351C 4spd 9"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got some prices for the dragways, i got quoted $390 each for polished 14x7s without tyres, $480 each for 15x7 polished without tyres and $550 each for 16x7 polished without tyres.

does any1 know if those prices are reasonable for them??

thx

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
If going for the Dragways I would go at least 15x8. I had that with 245/60 and 235/60 on my XF Ghia before it was stolen and it was cool!!! After it was stolen NRMA wouldn't give me 15x8 again and still insure me so I had to get 15x7 with 235/60 all round. Not too bad but I had to lower it some more so it still looked cool.

On a Fairlane, you will definitely want the extra width and as they came with 7" wheels standard I'm pretty sure, going to 8" shouldn't be a problem at all. Trouble with the Ghia is it's still the basic Falcon shape and the GL came with 6" rims standard and 7" was my limit when getting them replaced. They gave me better rubber though.

I can't remember what they cost.

·
XY UTE 351C 4spd 9"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
atm it has jsut stocko rims that are 14x?? with 245s all round, but the front tyres have cut marks into the tyres where the guards have hit em

·
XY UTE 351C 4spd 9"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah it most likely does need some new 1s, but 1 thing at a time i guess, atm we got the 351 sittin in peices waiting for me to get the money for all the parts to rebuild her, and i also got the interior sittin in my room slowly getting redone from a tan/browny colour to a black and grey. after i've finished both of them i'll be looking to get my mags and suspension done and get her lowered a bit. i just figured i'd start looking early to get an idea of how much i'm gonna have to save to get all the stuff.

·
XY UTE 351C 4spd 9"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm gonna need 2 work my ass off to get enough money to get most of the basics finished before i get my Ps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts