Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just a quick one.

I want to give the AU XR8 and new note, thinking of replacing what looks like twin 1 1/2" pipes from behind the mufflers, with twin 2" pipes, same as what are before the mufflers, and removing the resonator from the rear. I'm not looking at spending mega bucks (always saving for the next model) just a different note, not as loud as a fully worked XY, just that simple musical V8 note? Any thoughts would be great, is it worth it?, would it be to loud?, anyone done it?

Regards

Mal

M

·
0 Posts
G'day Mal.

Yeah removing the resonator would help, just ask Timbo. He's done this with his EF1. Does sound better than standard, and didn't cost much at all.

Cheers
Mike

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi Mal,

Yeah - get rid of the resinator, but put in twin 2 1/4" after the muffler. You can buy it as a kit from Lukey. (so its cheaper)

My BF **** works at Midas in Thornleigh. If you give him a call, he could probably get a good price for you.

:)
Kelli S

P.S - Are you actually driving your car now, I thougt it lived under the car cover and very rarely ventured out.
hehe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. it does for 5 days out of the week, a sad way of treating an XR8 hey.

M

·
0 Posts
Mal, I actually contacted Tickford Technical direct for the best option (additional performance and exhaust note) for my XR6, and they advised that the most simple solution for the least cost and maximum effect is yes, get rid of the rear resonator.
I assume that the same would apply to the XR8.(Why don't they just offer this as another option?)

However without getting off the track, (just for other readers) where the AUXR6 is concerned, according to the T/Tech.if you're after additional performance , you won't get any additional from after market headers etc versus just loosing the resonator unless you also put in a performance chip.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, yeah thanks.

Just for the interest of others too. I had my car tuned, and serviced by Shayne from SAA (excellent Job and highly recommended), I remember him saying that the extractors and cat are quite good on the AU's but the rest of the exhaust is not much chop. don't know what other people are saying about the extractors and cat but? It would be good to hear about that to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts