Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual a Technical difficulty is making the investigation of Marks outburst after race 2 nearly impossible. The matter is before the stewards now

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
HSE2 said:
As usual a Technical difficulty is making the investigation of Marks outburst after race 2 nearly impossible. The matter is before the stewards now
What, the HRT logo on Skaifes clothing? ;)

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
If he gets away with that behaviour there is seriously something wrong. I won't believe it if he does. It was totally uncalled for and a slur on the sport and business.

If there is a technical difficulty, I still have the tape so they can call me!

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
He's just an Idiot. whether he wins or loses he still crys about something so I 'spose when your a loser winning wont change that much. Like Scooby, I've still got every second on tape.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
If they just give HRT a fine that is pathetic because they can just open their wallets on the spot and pay it.
Taking points away from them would be a better option.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
gms00 said:
Taking points away from them would be a better option.
Take 350 points from both Bright and Skaife should be a fair enough penalty.. hehe... ;)

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hmm, how about losing some points, a fine, AND getting bagged out a bit for the bad publicity for the sport? Eh? I reckon that's the go here. :cool:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
el2xr8 said:
Hmm, how about losing some points, a fine, AND getting bagged out a bit for the bad publicity for the sport? Eh? I reckon that's the go here. :cool:
That or needing to make do without wheels for the next round of the championship :nuts:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
What do people think of Cameron McConvilles arguements in Motor mag as to how drivers should be punished in the Shell Series? For those who haven't read it, basically Cameron has proposed the drivers go under a 'sin-bin' type system, where a driver may be penalised for certain offences by not allowing the driver to compete in a particular round, but the team might replace the driver with someone from, say, the Konica Lites series. For example, Skaife could be punished for his outburst by not starting in race 1 at Barbagallo. A lighter punishment might be starting from the back of the grid.

Incidents like those we saw at Eastern Creek could be avoided. Rather than make rash, often half-baked on-the-spot decisions they could refer matters to the end of the round, and deliberate better. Perhaps this sort of system would have seen Craig Lowndes allowed to start from pole in round 2 at the creek, with Ambrose next to him. With more time to mull over it, perhaps they would have let the Lowndes incident slide, and Ambrose might have suffered penalty at Hidden Valley.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Yeah, McConville would be half right if it wasn't for the fact the guy is a panel beater's nightmare. When was the last time he finished a race without major panel damage either self inflicted or otherwise? I think inward assessment is required first!

I know it's hard at the back of the pack, but there's just as many of them getting by unscathed. Go figure.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Anyone read on V8X.com.au about the fines that were given out during the weekends races, well have a look and you will see that the usual happens with HRT. Mark Skaife was not given a stop and go penalty for an infringement in the pits yet have a look at all the others drivers and tell me if that is fair. :(

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adam W said:
Anyone read on V8X.com.au about the fines that were given out during the weekends races, well have a look and you will see that the usual happens with HRT. Mark Skaife was not given a stop and go penalty for an infringement in the pits yet have a look at all the others drivers and tell me if that is fair. :(
geez not again!

I haven't seen Marks outburst but if it is as bad as everyone is saying it surely has to be as bid a penalty as the burnout infringement up in Darwin doesn't it. Bring the sport into disrepute isn't?

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
I have a solution, ban HRT from racing for 1 year :D

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
It makes a complete mockery of the rules when Skaife (and HRT) seemingly get away with murder in this series. That long list of fines/penalties from the GMC400 makes Skaife's 'reprimand' seem appallingly weak! :mad:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing HRT seems to have been pinned for this year was the result of a burnout by a HRT crew member, which besides denting their massive pockets slightly did not affect their racing.

HRT gets away with things rolling into pit lane, Bright goes unpunished for a huge push on Seton which saw Bright escape, and Seton left for dead. Now Skaife goes unpunished for breaking laws whilst everyone else is pinned for offences, and no doubt he'll escape with another reprimand for his girly outburst at the Landsvale team.

I'm also curious as to how much it cost HRT to pay officials to get the lead spot in pit lane at the GMC. When the HRT cars pitted, they had no exit speed of 40kph to worry about. They just dumped the car and tore off. Might be only a slight advantage, but an advantage nonetheless.

We need Longhurst to get involved in an incident with Skaife - and this time, Longhurst had better wait until AFTER the other driver's helmet comes off... ;)

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
The following Stop/Go penalties were issued during:

Race 2
* Steven Ellery for crossing the yellow lines at the pit entry;
* Paul Morris for crossing the yellow lines at the pit entry;
Mark Skaife was given a severe reprimand for incorrectly rejoining the Fast Lane, and was therefore in breach of the Supplementary Regulations.

After an alleged breach where Mark Skaife crossed the yellow line at the pit exit, Holden Racing Team was issued a warning, in that a further breach would attract a Stop/Go or a time penalty.
This is why they're winning the championship!!!!

I HATE 'EM
:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
HSE2 said:
Isn't this the second time HRT have been warned over the same pit infringement?
Don't know mate, but I do know that while every one else gets a kick in the guts that affects their race result, HRT are let off with a warning or a fine:cussing:

I think it was bright at Clipsal 500, wheel nut rolled into pit lane, all pitlane infringements attract a stop go I thought (if it occurs during race), but HRT get a pissy fine, and this is when he also shunted Seto and ended his day.

I can see perfectly why Ford aren't in the hunt.

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Give him 3 rounds for bringing the sport into disrepute..

How long do we have to continually put up with the blatant bias shown to HRT. Skaife needs to be taken down a peg or two, his disregard for other competitors and racing teams is really starting to grate...

The sooner he learns that his sh#t does stink the better we all will be...

Nipper....

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
el2xr8 said:
I say that the death penalty is in order, Now Mr Bush, as I was saying...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I don't know what happened at the GMC, I was playing in the mud, but I did hear a few HOLDEN fans saying that Skaife was a right pr*ck and that was even before he 'arrived' at a Holden function that a guy from work whent to. Funny also that every Holden fan I know wanted to Craig win.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts