Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup Guys,

I was wandering if anyone has had this prob before? On my EL the from electric windows are really slow going up. Does anyone know what maybe be causing this?? The back are fine fast up and down, but the front fast down and slow down, regardles weather its stationary or moving.

Thanks in advance!
Rob

·
Registered
674 Posts
Rob
spray silicon spray in the tracks will speed them up,and prolong the regulator life.
Youll never look back

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i already put W40 in the tracks and that did nothing what so ever

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
at lesast they go up, my rears go down, not up

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
well i already put W40 in the tracks and that did nothing what so ever
Hydrocarbons cause rubber to swell. I'm pretty sure wd40 contains hydrocarbons. So if anything the windows will find it harder to go up if the rubber tracks have swelled from the wd40.

Wd40 is not a good lubricant for plastics and rubbers.

The best is silicone spray from the hardware, $9 a big can. Use the spray nozzle extension thingo. Do every 6 months or so.

cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TOPGHIA, thanks dude, iv found out the hard way, one one of my windows not hardly moves on the way up.. So ill have to buy silicon spray, if its not to late!! I HOPE it isnt

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Have put Silicon spray in the sides now and the windows are still the same, i was wondering if anyone else has any solutions to this problem. The passengers side (front) really stugles to go up, or than the other one.

Cheers

·
elghia looking like blue
651 Posts
i had a similar prob with my el

i found the front windows drop to the front and you had to pull them back into their correct spot for them to go up

mine are getting fixed as we speak as a part f the roadworthy, dont no how much they cost to fix as yet

then again it could be the window motors that are dead and in that case i think you can only get the motors as a complete unit with the regulator

i may be wrong tho

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well mine seem to be going up staraight, i've got a feeling the rubbers inside the door lining might need a good spray of silicon, might try taking it apart and spraying in there...

Keep us posted as to how much its costing ya, so i know..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well this isn't really responding to your problem, but I recently had the winding cable come out of the lifter (I assume that's what they're called) so that the window could move freely (ie easy breakin, rear window). Now I've fixed it, but there seems to be a lot of spare cable (ie one side of the regulator has a heap more cable than it needs) and the window doesn't wind up and down properly. Is there meant to be this excess cable or have I screwed up the reinstall?

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
Yeah, I used graphite powder down the rubber tracks of my power windows. It helped quite a bit. :s6:
Just be careful not to get it everywhere, it can be a bit messy :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep silicon spray is the go.
The El's are bitch's as ford increased the glass thickness from the Ef's but still used the Ef rubber
channels.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah thats what i also thought, the glass is thicker on th El;s compared to the EF, but the rubber is exacly the same. Not smart move By FORD! Ahh well ill stick more silicon spray in

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
mine stick, havent tryed anything to fix yet though

·
elghia looking like blue
651 Posts
didnt end up getting them fixed, my father told the roadworthy joint that we would fix them our selves, so if i get time ill look into it

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Down the Seal i thinks. i had probs with my dad ef xr6, went to wreckers and bought new motors, neva looked back, with his though u had to assist the window by pulling up on it to help it make it back up, lol

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Nevermind said:
umm... dumb question, but wear exactly are you spraying the silicon? Wouldn't mind givin' it a try on mine
The channels at the side where the glass goes up and down, put the window down as far as you can and spray in those channels. Use the plastic extension thingo, as silicone is not good sprayed around willy-nilly (or is that ad hoc)

cheers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts