Ford Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
elghia looking like blue
651 Posts
i tried wd40 on my windows and it worked for about half an hour, after that they started to drop forward again and wouldnt go up without assistance, what else would be better than wd40?

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Well, you could try RP7, or water dispersant spray. lol.

Better idea, why not look at the top of this thread - I think the first reply says what is better than WD40. (Silicon spray). Further down, graphite powder is also mentioned. Either of these should help - if not, then the winder motors (regulators) are stuffed and need replacing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sup Guys,

I was wandering if anyone has had this prob before? On my EL the from electric windows are really slow going up. Does anyone know what maybe be causing this?? The back are fine fast up and down, but the front fast down and slow down, regardles weather its stationary or moving.

Thanks in advance!
Rob
I just replaced my window regulator like 5 minutes ago and it goes down normal speed but has a hard time going up. I noticed that the truck of my old one seemed to be more “greasy” than the new one. I don’t know if I should add anything and if so what is it?

·
Super Moderator
9,349 Posts
When in doubt, I always use dielectric grease. It's pretty much clear, don't need a lot, it's pretty inert, and it sticks to things for a long time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts