Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember years ago there was a mob doing small mods to the Windsor. Mainly using Ford Motorsport parts like a manifold spacer, intake manifold and stuff they made it breathe much nicer.

I can't find info on these parts and what they do etc. Anyone know? For example, the spacer cost stuff all but gave something like 5kW.

Maybe someone knows of good sources for these parts that have a decent web site?

G

·
0 Posts
Southside Ford in Queensland will be able to help but they have no website.
Phone- 07 3391 0141
Fax- 07 3393 1803

G

·
0 Posts
Yes I'm serious.
I deleted some of the threads that I started as a favour to free up some space.
I think from memory someone suggested to delete unused threads but if you don't want me to do that anymore I won't.
:)

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Ok mate :thumbup: this is something me and Ford Man have discussed and pretty much think it is better to leave the archives alone so any new people can go back and take a look if they want to but it doesn't realy matter much to me.
Anyway it's all good :D

T

·
0 Posts
hhuummmm.....not guilty..!!
the little voices in my head told me to delete the posts.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
hhuummmm.....not guilty..!!
the little voices in my head told me to delete the posts.
Heh, and the little voices in my head are also responsible for the state of the carpark out there :D :wink2:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah the SVO Motorsport was part of Southside Ford. They built specific models like the EL SVO 215i, and the 190i. Can't seem to find info on the site. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gtho4 said:
BTW aussie pete were you finding info only or were you planning to do some mods?
Yeah mods are definite. Herrods have all this stuff but Iwanted second oppinion kinda thing. Also, want to make sure prices are reasonable. I still think the stroker is best value for money so we'll see.

I just thought if I didn't end up stroking the engine some of these smaller mods could be done at little cost and a UniChip added to gain the benefits. These would then be transferrable to the next car..

G

·
0 Posts
I would definately go with Herrods.
I got quotes for parts from Ford about 4 years ago and found it to be expensive.:)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I hear what you are saying Pete. The unichip should be transferrable but that is not a dead cert. Have you looked through some of the threads on the NSW xr owners forums. I started a few and there are some good ideas on this very issue. Hope it helps:)

·
Australian xr8 Member
82 Posts
I wouldn't go Ford inlet s.v.o"again" now Old tech.The latter after market is better and cheaperI/E Holley systemax system.Heads cam,Inlet,throttle body,all in one kit.Edelbrock the same.Twisted wedge heads.inlet etc GOOD horsepower gains.Can go big on 347 strocker as capacity exceeds flow made for 5 Ltr.. I/E R.P.M ideal[tame] street on 347. Victor even higher!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :CraZ: :CraZ: :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts