Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I turn on the air conditioning in my BA XR6 it has a strange smell coming from it.

Can someone tell me why this happens & what I need to do to get rid of it.

Thanks

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
The gas could be leaking take to dealer...
Don't go near railway underground...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Best to turn it off about 10 minutes from home, gives things a chance to dry out a bit.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
How new is the car? Could it be the system "bedding in"???

If you are concerned about it, take it back to the dealer... or if you are not, buy an air freshner and get it checked next service.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello XR6

Are you sure a cat hasn't pissed down the aircon initake? Happened to me at xmas, so I carried around a freebreeze spray pack to take the smell away each time I started it. The smell then went after a while.

I have also been told that a bit of eucalyptus oil mixed with water will help kill that sort of smell

Warra

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Warrawump said:
Are you sure a cat hasn't pissed down the aircon initake? Happened to me at xmas, so I carried around a freebreeze spray pack to take the smell away each time I started it. The smell then went after a while.
Hey Warra, how long did it take you to find out about the cat? Did you catch it in the act???

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey EBXR

Nah didn't catch it in the act, I would say it slept on my hood during the evening while it was still warm.The smell that i had only comes from one thing :(. It was very aparent the next day. Nearly made us sick (me, wife and bubs) and it isn't all that good for baby to have to put up with 30 C heat and humidity if he dosn't have too.

Warra

·
Registered
97 Posts
is that the mouth or bum vent of the cat :-0
seriously though, the drain tube may be blocked a bit or the heater core has shat itself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts