Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has a solution.

My Dad owns an EBII wagon ( i told him to get an EA but hey what fathers listen to there kids) anyways since its been getting hot outside temperatures there is a strong smell of petrol in the car. IM gathering the snell is due to a build up of pressure in the tank due to the heat, but how is it fixed ????

any advice would be muchly appreciated

cheers
Tom

·
Registered
50 Posts
May also want to check your fresh air vent. I'm pretty sire its been discussed here previously. Basically this vent gets stuck open allowing the petrol vapors to get in, even if fresh air is turned off. My mate got the sh**s with his and screwed the bastard shut. hehehe that'l fix it!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Also the lines around the purge canister up front, under the passenger headlight.

·
«$k8 ø® Ðïè»
470 Posts
it happend in my bros xa when hes has his 6 cyl 250 going around corners we thought it was the carby- going to air vents (i was wondering why i was always happy in his car) lol

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
i had the same on my eb II wagon (sorry mate, a much better car than the EA wagon i had) it turned out that hoses on the purge cansiter were the wrong way around
something as simle as that

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
take out the spare wheel and have a look at the lines for the fuel tank - im pretty sure they are like XD, where the fuel tank forms the bottom of the spare wheel well. if the fuel pump/sender seal is perished fuel smell can come from there.

·
Go The Stone Brothers!
54 Posts
hey

I had the same thing happen to my EBII. it was a very simple fix in my case.
What i did was read up in the gregorys manual, it turned out to be a solenoid attached to the charcol filter, it was jammed. So i took it out and ran 12volts through it and it un jammed, i then gave it a clean and hooked it back up, absolutlely no smells anymore. i can tell u i was very happy.

If you own a gregorys manual, look under fuel & management system, If you dont have one i advise buying one, VERY helpful manual.

Hope this helps

- Ace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts