Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
funny thing is they worked last nite, now they dont work anymore?!?!?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RPO83 said:
Its probably not working for you since you've been a crabby old bastard this week :p

crabby???? ill give you #@&!*% crabby.......
work damn smilies....

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Have you cleared your cache or have you done a hard refresh on the page that it is needed?

Also depending on your setup in your profile if you have Message Editor Interface set as enhanced or standard will also affect your display of the smilies.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i havent done anything different or cleared anything, all the cp settings are ok, could it be that i use the quick reply function and it switches my settings accordingly?
also when i reply to thread, and i click on smilie, comes up as error on page down the bottom...

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
using the quick reply box at the bottom you will not get a smilie box. If you click on reply w/quote or use the post reply button you will get a new page and your settings as I see them are correct to get the smilies.

Now if you are not then I would suggest you clear your cache on the machine you are using. And also make sure you have the latest browser installed. The system sends out no cache headers so your ISP should not cache the pages with or without the smillies. So if you are experiencing this then I suggest you do as above. If you are still having this issue when you click on the Reply w/quote or on post reply and you do not see them. Depress the (ctrl) & F5 keys this is a hard refresh. Your system should then request that your ISP pull the latest information from the server.

If it is still doing it then I have no further suggestions other than contact your ISP and complain to them to stop caching information off of the web and allowing you to get the pages as they are supposed to be served and not what they are storing locally on their servers as cache.

You pay for this BW you should get to use it as you see fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts