Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Topic as such, cause it changes....

I got 2 more smilies, how do you post them for others to use.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I wouldn't know but what is getting me p'd off is I get 9 only and have to open a separate window for the rest. Painful!

·
7,777 Posts
Is it happening to you at the moment?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep shows 9 of 29 and then it say's get more by pressing here.
cant remember why it doe's it though. I think it happened to hse2 or jem. had a perv at ls1 while this site was down for repairs earlier. theres a few upset puppies. (Total 6 million cars sold), 3 million with problems, 2 million in car yards, 1 million satisfied government users. why am I not surprised.

·
7,777 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
had a perv at ls1 while this site was down for repairs earlier. theres a few upset puppies.
My friend had an SS Ute built in early May. It's been sitting in a paddock since then. Still hasn't got it. Meantime Holden puts on a big party for the 6 millionth Holden. HELLO HOLDEN? Customers!!!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
question time petey boy.......
you know how some Holdens, like the SS and HSV's have a grouse sound sorta like a thumpa or a deep big block Chev noise. How would a XR8 sound with those Mufflers.. what do ya think

·
7,777 Posts
I know what you mean. Thing is what sort of mufflers are they using? Used to be Lukey everyone went for but the new Lukeys are just a name - division of Walker now.

The answer would be awesome, but I think the trick is more in pipe lengths and making the pulse timing work. I think that's why T series and XR sound so sweet now. In fact, it will take a lot for me to change my exhaust!

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
which u could hear mine...........
replaced factory crap with 2 x redback mufflers and no rear box, the sound is great......no drone, just sweet V8!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
question time petey boy.......
you know how some Holdens, like the SS and HSV's have a grouse sound sorta like a thumpa or a deep big block Chev noise. How would a XR8 sound with those Mufflers.. what do ya think
Geez Doc, are you talking about the few Holdens getting around with aftermarket exhausts or are you just taking the piss out of Holden and that piss poor exhaust note from factory. .;)
Rastus.

·
7,777 Posts
XLR8 said:
which u could hear mine...........
replaced factory crap with 2 x redback mufflers and no rear box, the sound is great......no drone, just sweet V8!!!
I've heard some sweet sounding XRs, but what DOC is referring to is a different type of sound - more like someone growling from the back of their throat rather than out load (figuratively speaking). It lacks that top end note most louder exhausts have.

I heard a GTS300 today with Genie mufflers and it was SWEET! Not quite the sound I think DOC is talking about though!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont have a rear muffler as such. my exhaust stops at the rear mufflers with 2 short pipes thats it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this other XR of mine has a high pitched exhaust note, sounds like a pharkin V6 Holden

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah i'm abit of a smilly user my self, at times i'm abit overkill with it but yeah it's abit annoying that you have to select another window for the right smilly.

Arrrrrgghhhhhhhh, here we go again... :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ:

·
7,777 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
I'm TALKIN GTHO........NOISE.
Mufflers? nah. You want the good old idea of twin system, hotdogs, and no balance pipe. Now I know what you mean......

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Thats more of a deafening sound than anything :p :p

·
7,777 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Thats more of a deafening sound than anything :p :p
Yeah, but that's GTHO.... Not my scene, but there's a lot of people who like it. We could go on and discuss Harleys but we've been there before :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
8 Participants
THE DOCTOR
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing