Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A striking new colour combination will thunder its way into Ford Performance Vehicles showrooms this month.

Lightning Strike, a bright silver, has been added to the FPV colour charts and will be seen for the first time at the Sydney International Motor Show.

It is expected to become an extremely popular choice for buyers of the FPV range, particularly with the GT and GT-P which will be available with orange stripes.

Lightning Strike will become only the second colour in FPV’s dynamic range of high-performance cars to have the bold orange side stripes as an option on the sedans. Previously, the orange stripes have only been available on Phantom Purple, one of the most popular colours for FPV since deliveries began in March.

The Lightning Strike and orange stripes combination is a modern interpretation of one of the classic GT Falcon colour combinations of the 1970’s, Silver Fox.

“I am positive Lightning Strike will become very popular for FPV,” says David Flint, Managing Director of Ford Performance Vehicles.

“We have been waiting to expand the availability of the orange stripes across our range, and Lightning Strike provides the perfect opportunity for us to do this.

“We know this will become an instant classic as there has been considerable demand for this combination from our customers.”

At the same time as Lightning Strike is introduced, Ford Performance Vehicles will also replace Venom with a richer shade of red called Vixen.

As it was with Venom, the new Vixen red will be available with black stripes.

Ford Performance Vehicles is a joint venture operation, 51 per cent owned by Prodrive, one of the world’s leading automotive and motorsport companies, and 49 per cent owned by the Ford Motor Company of Australia.

It produces a three-model range of high-performance cars – the GT, GT-P and Pursuit Ute – all of which are powered by the only V8 engine to be developed and produced in Australia, the quad-cam Boss 290.

FPV has built more than 1200 vehicles since it started production earlier this year. It has also produced more than 5000 Boss V8 engines for FPV models and the Ford Falcon XR8 at its new state-of-the-art engine facility in Campbellfield.

Attachments

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
It looks close to being white in that pic...but I have seen it in the flesh and you can definately see it is silver...and a light one at that. They stripes also look awesome in the flesh.

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
That looks fantastic and would be my colour/stripe choice for sure!

Well done Ford for adding even more heritage to the great GT.

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Ah that's better!

Piss off the ugly strips add a nice set of 19" mags and you have the next Grunter-mobile. :thup:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Grunter said:
Ah that's better!

Piss off the ugly strips add a nice set of 19" mags and you have the next Grunter-mobile. :thup:
I like your thinking!!! :sexy:

Now you'd better start thinking of ways to get it past the Minister of Defence, Finance, & Natural Resources.. :angel:

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
Mr Sparkle said:
I like your thinking!!! :sexy:

Now you'd better start thinking of ways to get it past the Minister of Defence, Finance, & Natural Resources.. :angel:
That's easy, she always tells me my car looks just like any other falcon, so I'll grab this and tell her it's the same old car with a new spoiler. :priest:

·
Ford Tickford Experience
432 Posts
The stripes should be made standard and non optional! I don't think that it's good marketing or good for the image, on a car like the GT to have some cars with stripes and some without; too many people will confuse it with the XR8. It's like making the Monaro 4 door, the stripes make the GT! Go the stripes!!! :thup:

PS. About time Ford released a real silver into the BA range!

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
fte22 said:
The stripes should be made standard and non optional! I don't think that it's good marketing or good for the image, on a car like the GT to have some cars with stripes and some without; too many people will confuse it with the XR8. It's like making the Monaro 4 door, the stripes make the GT! Go the stripes!!! :thup:

PS. About time Ford released a real silver into the BA range!
I have no problem with your idea, as long as the price remains the same as it is minus the strips now. I'd just remove them when the car was delivered. :razz:

·
Dual Exhaust Warrior™
1,172 Posts
Sheesh. Ok ladies..

If you dont like stripes then go to the Hyundai or Toyota stand.. plenty of bland cars there. How many times are we going to go over this? :doh:

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Great Colour Combination!

Now all we need is the Low Gloss Black Power Bulge (tm).........

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Ford Fanatic said:
Some like the stripes, some don't. Hence optional.

And that's the way it's going to stay!
And isn't it funny that NO OTHER MANUFACTURERS have seen this and jumped in with their own version... wow, maybe they all have no idea of style :HAHA: :HAHA: :HAHA:

Anyway... I guess this is all that we'll see from FPV at the SMS... really does their motto proud doesn't it.. :wank:

·
Cheerful Idiot
1,614 Posts
I see the stripes in 2 ways...

1) It's a bloody expensive, high quality car in competition with other, expensive high quality cars and the equal of many European brands. Why the hell does it have a couple of rolls of $30 3M tape down the side?

2) It's a GT - therefore it has stripes. Who gives a damn that it's 2003, GT = stripes and **** the lot of ya.

Me? I'm torn. I like the stripes... I don't like the stripes. If FPV had done a good enough job of showing some heritage in the BA GT, maybe sticky tape wouldn't be as necessary.

·
Dual Exhaust Warrior™
1,172 Posts
Mr Sparkle said:
And isn't it funny that NO OTHER MANUFACTURERS have seen this and jumped in with their own version... wow, maybe they all have no idea of style :HAHA: :HAHA: :HAHA:

Um Mini Cooper S... 2 dirty big white stripes down the bonnet.

Oh and Ferraris new commercial is of the new Ferrari with... youv'e guessed it... a dirty big white stripe over the rear.. roof and bonnet.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
I hear you sparkles . . . after what holden put up, we get . . . a tin of paint. yaaay

Maybe this is a new direction for ford ? Instead of releasing new cars, we'll release new colours instead ?

2008: The launch of the BA-XVI - a lot like a BA, but now CHROME ! WOOT !

Hmm... Think I'll go watch kill bill now and release some frustration :p

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
XWJG34 said:
Sheesh. Ok ladies..

If you dont like stripes then go to the Hyundai or Toyota stand.. plenty of bland cars there. How many times are we going to go over this? :doh:
Yeah but did anybody else notice that even Toyota outclassed FPV with performance cues, all hail the Prius!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
Madder
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing