Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm from warner robins, georgia. it's by macon, there isn't too much going on here what exactly is this dyno meet? I'm looking
for something to do.

·
Probe GT Member
23 Posts
The lads meet at Turbo Tune in Greensboro, NC. The shop has a chassis dynometer there, he straps your car down on the rollers and you floor it. From that you get a plot of horsepower vs. rpm, and a plot of air/fuel ratio vs. rpm. Last meet cost about $60 for 3 runs.
It's interesting. From that, I found out my Probe is down about 30 horsepower from where it should be. And burning rich at the high RPMS. Worth doing. But I don't want to go back until I'm certain I've found the missing hp, and so far I don't think I have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MacDaddy said:
The lads meet at Turbo Tune in Greensboro, NC. The shop has a chassis dynometer there, he straps your car down on the rollers and you floor it. From that you get a plot of horsepower vs. rpm, and a plot of air/fuel ratio vs. rpm. Last meet cost about $60 for 3 runs.
It's interesting. From that, I found out my Probe is down about 30 horsepower from where it should be. And burning rich at the high RPMS. Worth doing. But I don't want to go back until I'm certain I've found the missing hp, and so far I don't think I have.

cool sounds like fun too bad my motor sucks!

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
i cant go near the dyno.. bad trans.. :MUha: it will be fun to watch i guess. i may have the new car by then.. who knows.. i might bring the competition in ford form but not a probe.:s6: :s6:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jared r said:
i cant go near the dyno.. bad trans.. :MUha: it will be fun to watch i guess. i may have the new car by then.. who knows.. i might bring the competition in ford form but not a probe.:s6: :s6:

what kind of car are you getting??

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
95liliacprobe said:

what kind of car are you getting??
probally somthing slow... im trying to get a 95 mgt.. but who knows.. ill deffinately be there at the dyno.. with what who knows..

·
Probe GT Member
23 Posts
Last dyno we had several Probes, and a Volvo 850 Turbo. Then we watched someone else run a Mustang.
If you want to come, the more the merrier. Just get connected with Fozzie. He seems to be the organizer.

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
95liliacprobe said:

hmmm I may have to make a trip out there
well make that trip then.. we'll do other stuff than tha dyno.. i dont know what they have planned yet.. we'll see

·
Probe GT Member
117 Posts
its well worth the drive to meet all these greast guys and girls in NCPOC...oh and the dyno is going to be a blast!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
probesport_gt said:
its well worth the drive to meet all these greast guys and girls in NCPOC...oh and the dyno is going to be a blast!!
i'll keep all of this in mind I would like to go more or less I'm going to have to see how my work and school schedule are looking

·
Probe GT Member
117 Posts
cool...well you are more than welcome to come. We will be glad to have ya:s6:

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
the more people the better.. im looking foward to this:s6:

·
Probe GT Member
117 Posts
me too...this is going tobe great!!

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
CeyJay26 said:
I'm looking forward to this also:shrug: Jared bring my Eibachs:razz:
theyll be coming along.. :s6: im bringing them and my turbo.. :darin: i gotta ask mark about the exhuast housing on it..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts