Ford Forums banner

Sold my ED Fairmont Ghia V8

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  speedy 
#1 ·
Im sad to say that i sold my Fairmont last tuesday. Just thought ill let you perth guys know.

I bought a red 1997 Mitsubishi Magna V-RX sedan.

Ive been without my for d for 1 week now and i miss her so much.

have fun guys, ill still come on the meets but in a mates car.

See ya soon guys

Jason

#4 ·
damn!
shame to see such a nice car go.
good luck with the new car :) the magna's don't seem such a bad car (not that i've driven one :p)

#8 ·
cromax said:
heh, just to inform you all.. a stock 3-3.5l manual magna will whip most stock i6/v6 falc/commodores :s, auto aint to sluggish either...

but not sure if i'd prefer a magna over some v8 muscle :p
I didn't think the 3.0ls had that much squirt? I wouldn't think they'd beat Commos and Falcs. Any times?

#10 ·
3.0 wont - 120kw (we used to have a 91 verada and it was slow as)

3.5 probably will... (have raced a few when my car was stock and got beaten by all newer ones and most older ones)

#11 ·
Hey guys, the reason y i sold the V8 was because i found out that the core plugs were coroded and the mortor had to come out to fix them. Had 3 people look at it and every one said it would cost over $1600 to repair it. It was using about 2L of coolant every 3 days. Also about 3 months ago i had electrical problems.

Dont worry im still a ford man....

The Magna is great, first tank of fuel got 690kms to 54L. So far i have raced a VR SS and killed it. My fairmont would not do that. The SS is modified with full exhaust and extractors, my mate owns it and he is so angry with it now, lol.... I have also put my stereo in the Magna, 2 x 12" pioneers, alpine head unit and a kicker 4 channel amp.

The Magna is auto 3.5L and is 100% stock. It has 17" 5 spoke chrome mags, superlows, full bodykit, white sports dials, sports interior.

See ya soon guys

#14 ·
too late man, i sold the car to a car yard on tuesday of last week.

sorry

#17 ·
the older 3l arent that_ quick stock, but the later model 3l (98+) we're pretty quick, and a fair bit more revier compared to the slightly more tourqey 3.5l.. having driven magnas, falcs and comos, i'd imagine a later model magna would win... apparently they can achieve huge power with a couple mods like, wolf etc... check out some of the aussie magna sites for info...

#18 ·
I didn't think the VR-X was around in '97? And I thought the 3.5 was only available on the Verada back in those days. I can also vouch for the 3.0s not being all that quick. My mate has a 98 Magna Sports 3.0 and it will beat my EA just, though I absolutely flogged him in Dads old AU wagon. It pulls hard off the line, then dies in the arse at about 60k/ph.

But congrats on the purchase anyway :thup:

Ash

#19 ·
Hey Kenaz, the VR-X came out in August of 1997. It was the first Magna with the 3.5L V6 (VR-X only) but as you said the 3.5 was avaliable in the Verada. I also agree the 3.0 auto is not that quick but was able to keep up to me way back when i had my EA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.