Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yep, happened a few days ago. They used the old transmission dipstick in the ignition trick, but luckily for us we had a killswitch installed which put an end to their attempt. The dumbshits must have been trying for a while because they sent the battery flat trying to get it started.

If you have a EA with the standard ignition locks make sure you get a killswitch, also it's a good idea to fit tibbe sniper locks(from EB) on the doors and install central locking as this makes it impossible to open the rear doors without opening the front doors first.

Luckily the killswitch saved the car from going to car heaven.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
good to see they didnt manage to get the car, any damage done to it?

·
XR Wannabee
461 Posts
Re: Some asshole tried stealing my parents car!

fordfanatic said:
also it's a good idea to fit tibbe sniper locks(from EB) on the doors and install central locking as this makes it impossible to open the rear doors without opening the front doors first.
Nothings impossible... theives got into my car by popping out the rear door quarter window then just reached inside and opened the door. Would have taken them all of 5 seconds I reckon.

Glad to hear they didn't get it started fordfanatic.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I'd be looking at replacing the ignition barrel with a 30th anniversary or EB series one barrel.

Glad they didn't get it!

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Re: Some asshole tried stealing my parents car!

Spinksy said:
Nothings impossible... theives got into my car by popping out the rear door quarter window then just reached inside and opened the door. Would have taken them all of 5 seconds I reckon.

Glad to hear they didn't get it started fordfanatic.
This type of thing concerns me the most. What's the best way to prevent this happening?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but if you use the EA locking mechanisms(pre-central door locking), it had some type of kiddy protection where if the door is locked it can't be opened by the handle. So what you do is put EA rear locking mechanism in, then fit the EB door sniper locks and central door locking and make sure the sniper locks are flush with the door when locked.

End result: Car theieves can't open ya rear doors!

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
You wont beable to open the doors at all however...

Been there done that with series 2 door trims in my series 1. I had to leave the tibbe lock off and use pliers to pull the lock up to beable to open the rear door. Not good if I ever had a crash and had passengers in the back.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Just put the rear kid locks on, presto, can't open the door from the inside.

[edit]having just tested this I see it doesn't work :( Door unlocks, so you can just open it from outside [/edit]

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You wont beable to open the doors at all however...

Been there done that with series 2 door trims in my series 1. I had to leave the tibbe lock off and use pliers to pull the lock up to beable to open the rear door. Not good if I ever had a crash and had passengers in the back.
Thats why you fit central door looking :p duh

Works perfectly for my car, it's an EA and I have fit central door locking and EB door sniper locks on it and the rear doors are impossible to open without activating the central door locking open.

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Jesuz...this shite never ends!!!!!!

·
R.I.P S/C EBII Fairmont
305 Posts
My series 2 EA has tibbe locks that sit flush with the door and central locking. I had my car broken into twice in the space of 4 days, once thru' a smashed rear quarter and the other time when they smaked in the driver's side door lock. As far as I'm aware that's a pretty common way of EA's been broken in to. Apprently the door locks just pop up. I've since had an alarm fitted to try to stop any further break-ins. Fact is, if a thief wants in, they'll get in! Microwave sensors are supposed to be pretty effective but can be a pain in the ***! Once a person gets too close to the car, the alarm will beep to warn them. If they stay, it goes off. You can understand why they will go off so frequently. But hey, better safe than sorry I say.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They shouldn't be able to get the rear doors open if you have a EA with tibbe lock that is flush with the door.

On the E-series cars with the tibbe locks and central door locking(eg. 30th Anivers), the rear doors can be opened using the handle.

What you need to do is get a standard EA locking mechanism(non-central locking), install those then use EB tibbe locks and central door locking. I have put this on my car and it's impossible to open the rear doors without activating central door locking first.

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
fordfanatic said:
What you need to do is get a standard EA locking mechanism(non-central locking), install those then use EB tibbe locks and central door locking. I have put this on my car and it's impossible to open the rear doors without activating central door locking first.
yep thats what ive got. Also EF/L trims help even more (no lock snibber at all)

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
yep they are exactly the same doors believe it or not.

and one more thing:

DIE YOU THEIVING FREAKING BASTARDS DIE!!! CAUSE IF I EVER CATCH YOU I WILL FU(KING KILL YOU BY BEATING YOU TO DEATH WITH MY BARE HANDS!!!!!

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Rollin said:
DIE YOU THEIVING FREAKING BASTARDS DIE!!! CAUSE IF I EVER CATCH YOU I WILL FU(KING KILL YOU BY BEATING YOU TO DEATH WITH MY BARE HANDS!!!!!
NICE.

But I'd rather TIE THE THIEVING BASTARD TO THE REAR OF MY XR6 AND TAKE HIM/HER FOR A TRIP DOWN THE QUARTER...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually I had an axe in mind if I ever catch them trying to steal anymore cars... they need a bit of thailand justice... caught stealing cars, chop off their legs.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
nah fingers n toes that'll teach em to not steal or run for that matter..

glad it didnt go to car heaven..

i had me ea wagon and never had this problem yet i live in the 5th-10th worst suburb in brisbane for car theft..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts