Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These! Think they would look good in the flesh on an AU1/2 XR! Mines a Viper GTS copy (they use white, I've gone for a Liquid Silver job) but I'm not sure they work on my own car, since the sunroof would get in the way and spoil the overall effect.

Big fan of Cobra stripes - Shelby Cobra Mustang's, XC Cobra's and GTS Vipers are personal favourites.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Theres some AU1 'superbird' floating around like that, basically a standard white Forte or Futura with blue stripes down the middle.
Not sure if its a dealer special or what but ive seen a few around in Canberra.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those blue cobra-striped Forte's are a joke, and a desecration to the Cobra concept. Stripes should be for performance cars, not cheap Forte's to help move them off the lot.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Venom S said:
Those blue cobra-striped Forte's are a joke, and a desecration to the Cobra concept. Stripes should be for performance cars, not cheap Forte's to help move them off the lot.
Agreed 100% there mate!! Dodgy bloody dealers... :fmad:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah saw those blue striped falcons at Sinclair Ford. Not my cup of tea to be honest.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Martin said:
Theres some AU1 'superbird' floating around like that, basically a standard white Forte or Futura with blue stripes down the middle.
I think they're ex-renters, done up as a "Cobra" or "Superbird" as a publicity gimick.

Venom, you are right about the stripes, they look good. Especially the silver on the black.:D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Martin said:
And they are down here too. They look like crap:rolleyes:

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Before Ford put stipes on their cars they need to built a tough car. Not and over priced, over fibreglasses GT.

More F/G doesn't = more style!

Look at ALL the Other GT's.

Raw power only no other junk

IMO

G

·
0 Posts
Somehow I just can't see stripes on modern cars, I guess i'm just old fashioned.

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
At a used car lot near me there's been a black forte with a superbird decal on the rear quarters (arrgh!) and also a silver forte with.......wait you guessed it, big ford badge aka Gibson motorsport style. Sacrilige i say! But if it get's 'em moving and the AV closer then i guess i'm for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts