Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it is.

Went to take the Impy into the shop to get the AC recharged this morning. Well they were gonna have to keep it all day. That was cool SO I got a rental.

Here I am driving a '00 malibu on I-30 west of Downtown. Traffic is screeching to a halt infront of me. I stop with about a half a cars length between my front and the Ford Trucks rear end. Next thing I hear is more screeching as I look in the rearview mirror.....

BAM!

I fly forward slamming the Ranger's bed in front of me. In the process I have now become one with the airbag. You know the almighty pucker up cause this sh!t is gonna hurt. Well just to tell you IT DOES! Then I hear more screeching and feel another bump....not as hard, but still enough to make me jerk in the seat.

Well when it was all said and done. I was Rearended by a Chevy 1500 pickup late 90's model. My face feels like I just tried to kiss a brickwall at 150mph.

I look to my left and what do I see, but a Fort Worth cop sitting in traffic beside me. He comes to my window and asks if I am ok and if I need medical attention. I told him I was fine. that I am sore but I can move. he told me not too. So as instructed I did not follow. I got out of the car and sat my happy butt on the side of the freeway. I am covered in white powder. Looks like I was trying to snort a big old line of coke and sneezed in it. I love the residue and buring smell.

Well the ambulance arrives and the guy that was in the truck infront of me was not wearing a belt or did he have airbags to help him out. He looks like he got in a fight with Mike Tyson. Medics went and helped him.

Cop is walking about from driver to driver gathering the information such as Drivers license and insurance and general information about the accident. He comes to me last and takes my info. He hands me a sheet of paper and his business card with his cel and office number on it. He tells me to go with the ambulance and get looked at. That the paper has the info on the other drivers that I will need.

Of course, I refused medical attention like the idiot that I am and called the rental company. 30 minutes pass. They came out with a truck to pick up the car. The Cop and I hung for a while chatting while everyone else was getting towed off. He told me he saw the whole freaking thing. He asked how in the heck I was still standing up after that impact. I basically told him I did not know. We chatted a little longer until the mess was cleaned up and then he gave me a ride back to the dealership. I get myself another rental car and head off to a clients site.

Well the pain and everything else hits me about 30 minutes after I start working. My face is a little bruised. My Left hand is swollen. I am just hurting all freaking over. I finished up with the clients routers and called the boss told him I am going home.

I decided to go to the doctors office. Here is what he told me my injuries are. I have pulled muscles in my upper/middle back, Sprained my left wrist, cracked my pinky finger and ring finger on the left hand. He also states I may have suffered a slight concussion. Gave me some really good drugs and I came home. Here I am typing this out with one hand to let you guys know what is going on and what is going to go on.

Here is the good part of the whole deal.

1. It was not the Impala
2. I had gotten the full coverage insurance for the rental That 8 dollars was well spent.
3. Cop saw the whole thing and said I never touched the guy in front of me until after I was impacted. So I was not at fault in any of this. Like I ever was really, but nice to hear the cop say that.

So....where does this leave this message. Well.....

I am here to say that I will probably be out...off of the board for a day or so taking a little time to rest. I may pop on every now and then to see how things are going, but I am taking time away from everything. SO if you need to get intouch with me you can email me, but dont expect an immediate response. You can post a message on here, but dont expect an immediate response. I am gonna get some sleep and rest.

If there are pressing issues the admin can call me. Tim has full rights to this board and please ask him for any help. The little things can wait. Pressing issues can go to Tim <marqman>. I have faith in him to be able to handle any situation.

Thanks and best wishes to all. I shall return soon.

John Oliver
LunaticSS

·
Multi Car Owner
930 Posts
Think your sore now, wait for a few dayz, then you will be really sore. Take some hot baths, that may help...

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Sorry to hear what happened, glad to hear that you are ok for the most part, it could have been alot worse! At least your car was not involved. Good luck on the rest!

·
Ranger Member
74 Posts
i'm also glad to hear that you are "ok" i was involved in a wreck a couple of months ago in my old CRX, i got hit from behind and then in turn hit the person in front of me, the sandwich effect, but try doing it in a go cart of a car like a crx.. haha, that was fun, but it doesn't sound like i got hit as hard as you. i remember when i used to live in dallas, i was driving on 635, going a good 70-75 with the rest of the traffic, and we all came up over this slight hill that you couldn't really see in front of you only to find out that traffic was at a dead stop, there was this mustang gt that had just passed me and he must have been doing near 90 and when he saw the traffic, he locked up his braked and slid sideways into a car, it was pretty nasty stuff.

·
Taurus Member
36 Posts
I remember about 2 months ago while I was traveling on I-75 close to Atlanta. It had been pouring all day and was not letting up for anything. I was doing about 70mph as well as other cars around me. Well as we crest this huge hill, we come to the top and I see a semi truck sliding sideways and people darting all over 6 lanes trying to find somewhere to go. Traffic was completely stopped and the semi jack-knifed which caused everyone to panic. I slam on the brakes and come to a complete stop right behind a Mustang when all of a sudden I saw that Land Cruiser that I forgot about sliding sideway towards me. I start to freak out, but luckily the guy got it stopped. Anyways as I am sitting there I see a contour dart across 4 lanes and slam into the gaurd rail and then a constant banging noise as cars start to pile up behind me. My car was not hurt and thankfully neither was I. I really feel for all the people who got creamed though. Anyways when we get close enough we can see that the whole thing started because a van rearended a car and they sprawled their cars across 3 lanes. Well when you have pouring rain with many vehicles going 70 and above, there is no way that evryone is gonna stop in time. I am just glad that I was able to stop. I appreciate the anti-lock brakes that Ford put on my 98 Taurus. Just remember to drive safely and be alert.

S

·
0 Posts
Gald your alright;) thank God for airbags, believe me they hurt, but not as bad as the stearing wheel and windshield;)

P

·
0 Posts
You are sooo lucky it wasnt your Impala. Feel better, and dont worry about the site. Oh, if you got time go see a chiropractor, it HELPS.

BTW, if you guys have all these wreck stories how come the Ford Stories forum is empty? :rolleyes:

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
glad to hear you're alright john.

i had a similar accident right after i bought my probe, but luckily the airbag did not deploy, nor was the damage to my car that bad.

anyhow, get better. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts