Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Holden Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a message to all the FF guys that have had to put up with the flame wars that have gone on in this forum in the past week or so.
I didnt come in here to start trouble and I will be the first to admit some of my replys went abit off track and did nothing but mad the job's of the Admins and Mods of this forum that much harder,for that im pissed off with myself because I know what it's like to deal with it and im sorry.
This all started after seeing a thread on here bashing Skaifey's award which I thought was completelly wrong as the man does alot to desorve what he got so all I wanted to do was show you guys what Mark (or snoze,as you guy's put it..LOL) does outside of his dummy spits and it just snow balled out of contral from there.
Im really not that bia's,my car wish list includes a 1933 Ford 3 window coupe hot rod which I plan on building after I finish my VK and I also like alot of the older Ford GT's and the BA XR8 looks like a real animal IMO go there is love for other make car's from me.

Anyhow I have taken enough of you time,hopefully this can all be put behind us and we can start again.:)

Cheers
Chris

·
Mr Sensible...
115 Posts
Thats ok Chris I forgive you but I cannot speak for the moderators or the other forumities of Ford'erlee whom you possibly offended with you inflamatory rhetoric which did admitedly did happen on both sides. We all can get hot under the collar
sometimes and as long as we can recognise what we have done wrong and mend
the fences all is well.

Remember it seems on this fourm don't offer bait that somebody can use against you watch you language and being Sensible™always has decent and worthwhile outcome.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I didnt actually see that thread you mentioned, but I personally appreciate your honesty and appology for that matter. I can understand the reaction you must have got from the boys here defending the "snoze". I would have to say I would have got my back up if crap was being thrown about Ambrose if they were posted on the LS1 forums or the like.

Nevertheless, Im not one to hold too many grudges :whatever: and Im sure you will make some pretty decent friends on here with a positive and humble attitude that you currently have.

Enjoy your stay and remember to try and not to take things too personally here!:hy:

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
It's all history now, it takes a big man to stand up and publically apoligise. Good on you!
I for one hold no grude.

·
Registered
904 Posts
i actually liked that thread.
nothing wrong at all about a heated debate!!

however as always bad language or personal attacks arent really an option i guess.

as long as those things are obeyed we'll all get along just dandy

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
its all over and forgotten once the thread is locked..

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
We value everyone's thoughts be it good or bad, it's how they are worded that can create dramas..........

Whats done is done........here's to a relaxed conversation in the future.

Cheers,

Philbie

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
as long as it doesn't happen again....heheh joking...nah well done mate for such a post. i like the holden vs ford thing, however sometimes we do get a little too passionate about it. me included. its all good. after reading many sledging posts on FF and ls1 you kind of get used to it and just tak it like water off a ducks back. anyways heres to more happy posting :cheers:

·
Registered Abuser
226 Posts
It wasn't that serious was it ?

·
Holden Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh it's nice to be able to sort that out,to be honist it's something I don't like having on my mind and the last thing I want happening is making out life (our meaning us car nut's) harder then it already is.
The cops,RTA and the old fella up the street who think's us hoon's are out to get him do a good job of that.(not all cops are bad tho.:))
Thanks fella's for understanding and your nice replys,its a nice thing to see from where im sitting.:)

BTW blueoval-how could anyone say anything bad about ambrose he seems like a top bloke,now all we (us holden fan's) need to do is steel him from you guys.:p LMAO

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
Chris, good on you mate. I didnt see the thread but you have done more than enough IMo to rectify anything that may have happened. Sometimes bad things in typed form are easier said than spoken, but not the stuff you posted above, that takes guts to say sorry and/or explain. So i accept your post and consider you a good bloke BUT.... we now have a serious issue at hand and the quote below references the problem:

BTW blueoval-how could anyone say anything bad about ambrose he seems like a top bloke,now all we (us holden fan's) need to do is steel him from you guys.:p LMAO
Hands off Ambrose! Any attempt by you to steal him or in anyway bribe/force/influence by means of spoken/written word, brute force or drug sedation will result in your immediate banning from the site.

LMFAO! Its all good... i love this site :bsr:

cheers,
Matt

·
Mr Sensible...
115 Posts
Mr Ambrose was taking taken at birth and brainwashed by Ford. Chances of being converted to Holden are about as likerly as Skaife driving alonside Rusty in SBR.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
as someone said it takes a big man to say something like that (sorry)
water under the bridge,in the past,old news as they say..
we all get hot under the collar,no point living in the past,lets move forward shall we...

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
Thanks Chris5ltr, and welcome aboard.

As the originator of one of the post re: skaife award, I dont detract my dismay at the circmstances and nature of the award. That DOES NOT detract from Skaifes success and achievement in V8 supercar, be has set a bar for the competition to better.

The ops or mods here do a great job, and you will find they allow all points of view as long as it is well humoured.

The flames are fine, your red, I'm blue that is never going to change, and we will rib one another in good humour and a sense of fun. The blue side may be a little over the top just now but we have had a hell of a drought motorsport wise, whilst ford got its act back together.

There is never anything personal and as you said, at the end of it we are performance car nuts and sometimes we need to stick together.

I wont stop bagging skaife anytime soon, but thats my opinion, flame me by all accounts, and as long as we keep it civil and not too repetative it can be fun. There is never anything personal meant, and notice its skaife that gets bagged more often than holden.

Honestly, best wishes from a died in the wool ford fan. keep a smile and we'll all have some fun.

·
Holden Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im not bothered to much on flaming skaife,im not a big HRT fan I was going for Team Brock last year but at the end of the day all I want to see is come great racing.

When we get ambrose bthings should get even more interesting.*run's like hell*LOL

Since we are on a ford forum,anyone here own a hot rod???

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
hehe. Ambrose is ours, hands of!!! :beatup:

Im actually looking forward to Team Dynamic to start getting up there. They have done well for a rookie team. I say, all the best to them in 04!

·
Holden Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I cant wait for the fist V8 superstarts to come on TV 2004,that is going to be very interesting.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
yes indeed. gloves will be coming off for that one! :chainsaw:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts