Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you buy a replacement bumper, be it front or rear on a car or ute, do they come painted or do they have to get painted?

Cause I got a price from Ford today for a rear bumper for an AU Ute, the price was $250. Thats not a bad price.
My friend got a quote from somewhere (yet to find out) and he was quoted, including labour, $530.

Can someone possibly tell me what has happened here?
I seriously dont think that they would charge just under $300 for labour just to rplace the rear bumper.

Cheers.

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
Paul, that price probably didnt include painting.....from experience expect to pay between $200-250 for painting. Or if you know a panel shop manager 3 slabs of crownys!!! It is amazing what decent beer can do to a quote.....;)

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking might have happened.

Also, where can I find out the old colours that were available on an AU Ute. This one is a '99 model.

thanks.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rang Ford again today to check whether or not it is painted, and sure enough it isn't......DAMNIT!!!!.

I also rang a bumper repiar place and they wanted $165 c/o for a repaired one in primer.

Does anyone know of a cheaper way to do this?

cheers.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
(\/)ADXF said:
I rang Ford again today to check whether or not it is painted, and sure enough it isn't......DAMNIT!!!!.

I also rang a bumper repiar place and they wanted $165 c/o for a repaired one in primer.

Does anyone know of a cheaper way to do this?

cheers.
A good mate in the panel beating trade and a couple of slabs of beer as partsguy already mentioned. :D

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm gunna try that one in a little bit. ;) ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts