Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Australian Falcon Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could give me some info on how to remove the leads on my ef. I took one look and thought Oh s#@t how do I get to them.

Ta

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
EFSteve said:
I was wondering if someone could give me some info on how to remove the leads on my ef. I took one look and thought Oh s#@t how do I get to them.

Ta
It can be done in 4 easy steps as follows...

Step 1: Piss, moan and curse
Step 2: Remove lead
Step 3: Move to next lead
Step 4: Goto step one

If you can't get your arm under the manifold, you'll have to get at them from underneath the car. It's prick of a spot, but they don't make em as easy as they used to be...

·
Australian Falcon Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im buggered then coz I cant get my arm under the manifold and cant get my arm on the right angle to do it under the car.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
I think it's easier to take cap off,replace leads then put cap on.But if that don't work you are in it big time...again!!

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
The best way to replace your leads is with the use of very long nose pliers. Do the leads one at a time. The worst one in the lead to the coil its a real bastard. This is how my mechanic showed me how to do it.. There is no easy way...

Nipper....

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Nipper said:
The best way to replace your leads is with the use of very long nose pliers. Do the leads one at a time. The worst one in the lead to the coil its a real bastard. This is how my mechanic showed me how to do it.. There is no easy way...

Nipper....
or just stand there, while me and 'MAD' Barry do it for you!!!

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
get a length of steel rod about a foot long, put a 90 degree bend about 2 inches from one end, bend other end into handle.

waala! coil lead tool. also doubles as radiator hose remover (to break seal)

:nuts:

Now if everyone who reads this sends me a dollar..............:D

·
Super Moderator
3,715 Posts
Marry a girl with long skinny arms and a sense of humour; it worked for me. Or you could try training an octopus; I mean they meant to be the world's most intelligent inverterbrate and they have 8 arms so they could change all the leads at once while pouring you a beer.

The long nosed bent pliers from K-Mart are also the go.

·
Australian Falcon Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, I will give it a go on the weekend.

If I cant fix it look in the market on Monday for giveaway EF falcon

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Aussiblue said:
Marry a girl with long skinny arms and a sense of humour; it worked for me. Or you could try training an octopus; I mean they meant to be the world's most intelligent inverterbrate and they have 8 arms so they could change all the leads at once while pouring you a beer.

The long nosed bent pliers from K-Mart are also the go.
I married a girl with long skinny arms and a sense of humour, and I've got a set of long nose pliers from K-mart which have been a lot more handy under the EA manifold than my wife. Also, the pliers are easier to control, and a bloody sight cheaper at $15 for a lifetime set.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Another how do you get the bottom radiator hose off!! I'd like to get my hands on the f/wit that designed that!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts