Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Blue Blooded Ford Man
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to service my XR8, can anyone tell me is it worth buying some other sorta plugs that have claimed power increases etc etc or should i just replace them with dealer supplied items.

·
My name is Forrest....
465 Posts
I just replaced a set of NGK's with some Bosch Super 4, and have to say they dont make a hell of a lot of difference, The utes getting a gas tune up tomorrow and I think that'll make more difference.

Try $60 bucks for six Super 4's , versus about $20~$30 for the NGK's

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
XR8XTC said:
It's time to service my XR8, can anyone tell me is it worth buying some other sorta plugs that have claimed power increases etc etc or should i just replace them with dealer supplied items.
Generally speaking a spark plug is a spark plug is a spark plug. Some are better quality than others though. NGK and genuine ford are good. One thing to remember about all spark plugs though no matter how fancy the spark will always travel the easiest path. So in the case of the super 4 plugs it will generally always go down the same electrode....

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
As far as I can find, none of the so called performance plugs actually fit the early XR8's, some fit the GT40P heads fitted on the new XR8's. I use the standard NGK's and they are great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts