Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
macca
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if a pair of 6" coaxials will fit intoi the doors of ea falcons as there are only 4" holes??? Has anybody done this and what problems did anyone encounter?? I have a pair im wanting to install!

Cheers

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Without cutting the door hole bigger (highly NOT recommended) even with spacers it would be a hard task, and the space is way to tight behend the door trim to the metal to allow it anyway, you will better off to get 4" splits, and put the tweeters up the top under the plastic panel, to allen screws and it comes out, just sit them there, they sound great and easy to install.

Jason

·
macca
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good piont...i just wanted some opinions...i got the speakers from jb hifi...and i was told its pretty simple to install you just have cut a bit!!! Thanks for the post

·
Registered
237 Posts
i have a set of pioneer compression cones behind them..for now but i will be dropping ed classic door trims on as soon as i can get my hands on some

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
unless your insurance company dont feel like paying up !!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't supose you have a photo of your door trim perchance?

I ask because I want to be sure of your door before I advise. :)

·
macca
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What do u need to know...maybe i can tell you!!! I will get a pic within a week!!! so stay tuned to the thread! The only query i have is speaker width?? and if there is enough room in the door!! But i wont get time for a week to check....

·
Registered
102 Posts
depends on the brand and the depth of the basket i have ts-d splits which are 59mm deep and thats pretty deep and it jus clears so chances are urs will fit too

·
Ambrose 2003 Champion!!!
97 Posts
Would Alpine 5 ¼ inch splits fit into the doors of an EB?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts