Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
eaten up da 4s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone know if there is a speed limiter or anything of the sort on the 1993 model EB 2 Falcon???????

·
eaten up da 4s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont think thats quite true tikfd6 my mate got his stock eb2 up to 220km/h dunno if he had a speed limiter on his but.

·
eaten up da 4s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how would u take the limiter off the car.is it a hard job to do? how much?

·
Registered
476 Posts
only limited from ef onwards

·
Registered
5 Posts
no dude my ed futura was limited to about 188, my mate has an eb1 and he can wind it off the clock and get the needle to sit on the shelf!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
dotn worry abotut he speed limiter look i have a worked ed fairmont chips and cams and crap you very rarely get up to those kinds of speed if oyu do be porepared for yout tailshaft to pop off your car and it to fall to pieces i wouldnt recommend tgettign the limiter off plus costs around 250 bucks to take off id rather buy a cam or chip or soemthing

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
My ED gli auto was limited and so was the EF i was racing on a very private road. Both to 180. Once I got to 180 my revs sat at 3000 and wouldnt increase.

·
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC
1,149 Posts
ED onwards to my knowlege has speedlimiter at 180, my NL certainly does as i hit it quite a few times on my trip its a pain in the arse cos its only doing 3200rpm seems a waste to me, hmm time for a 2 piece set up FORD PLEASE LISTEN

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
UNR8D your just a hoon,in a flashy barge butt FORD..

but i didnt think the eb's had limiters,its new news to my ears..

·
Ford Member
103 Posts
The who E series is speed limited it is possible for cars on LPG to go higher since the ECU normaly cuts injectors off to enfoce speed limit LPG cars dont use the injectors. One of my brothers friends was pinged doing 255 in his EF on gas It took the cop 50km to catch up in SS VT because he was limited to 180. the only reason his friend was caught was because he ran out of gas and had to switch to petrol.

He infact when he got to caught the final speed was reduced to 140 because he had a letter from fords stating the car couldnt go above 170.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread is a little old but thought I would put my 2 cents worth in.

I had an EB2 wagon, nicely lowered which sat so nice on the road at high speed. Back roads of NSW I hit the speed limiter at what I estimated to be 220-225kph cause on slow down it took a sec to get back to 200kph. Works the same as the rev limiter but smoother cause engine was doing about 4000 from memory.

Slowing down was fun!!! Had the brake pads on fire!!

Removing the limiter is pointless. Takes a while to get to it after 200 anyway!!

Can't actually say I have tried the ED at those speeds again. Might have to give it a go to see where limiter is!!

Cheers

·
Roll, Crash and Smash
1,748 Posts
well i can say that my ED has a limiter cos i simply couldn't get it past the 180 mark!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
All computer controlled transmissions are limited to 180, except the late model XR series ... BTW why in gods name would you wanna drive these speeds on OZ roads anyway. Our roads are waaaaay to shithouse to even go close to those speeds ....

·
Ford Member
103 Posts
The highestI have had my EA Fairmont Ghia is 160 the road I was driving on was so crap I had to slow down my brother claims to have driven it at 180

1 - 20 of 30 Posts