Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Multi Car Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize I'm an old buzzard,but I vaguely remember
racing some guy in a slowpar W/my Mach1 and running up to around 125mph before I realized he was about 5 carlengths behind me.I made the next turn-off and later
found out that Johnny Law was looking for li'l ol' me for
"Excessive display of horsepower" and "Racing on a public roadway"! Seems Mr.Slowpar got caught!OOPS
Oh well,at least I did'nt get caught THIS time.!

·
Multi Car Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When????

It happened in the late 70's It was easier to get away with this kind of thing in this area then.

·
Moderator / Probe
506 Posts
carnut said:
[BI made the next turn-off and later
found out that Johnny Law was looking for li'l ol' me for
"Excessive display of horsepower" and "Racing on a public roadway"! Seems Mr.Slowpar got caught!OOPS
Oh well,at least I did'nt get caught THIS time.! [/B]
Haha ,

cool story ! rock on :D

"Excessive display of horsepower" :

that's cool ! :)

welcome to the board !!

·
Multi Car Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bro!

Thanks Bro!
Yeah some of these sights and forums are pretty cool. Now I'm trying to make the ol' Sable a sleeper,but man! Serious lack of parts for a 91 3.0. No headers,no roller rockers.....Whats up with all that? there has got to be a ton of these engines out there! Oh well....I'll figure something out. After all the first gearheads had to make most of their own stuff.

Nice to be aboard
CARNUT

·
F-150 Member
27 Posts
Kinda Long!

Every time I see my girlfriends dad and we get into cars (hes a ford Lover) He always seems to find a way to tell this same story.

He was heading out to vegas back in the 73 with about 3 of his buddies, I forget to say what he was cruising in he had a 69 Mach 1 Cobra Jet. Anway he said he was cruising at about 65 when he looks in his rearview and this Firebird comes up on his a$$. The bird get over to the side they take it up to 70-75 give the "nod" and there off He said the bird stayed with him to about 85 then he saw the bird in his side mirror looks at the speedo and it says 100 then looks in his rearview and sees the bird about 6-9 car lengths behind looks down at the speedo and it says 120. the bird lets off and He decides hey lets see what she can do he has never taken her over 120 before so he continues to about 155 he cant even see clearly on the sides of him. Said the front end started to come up a little decided it was time to let off the gas at 160. About a week later he was working on the car and found out the guy who sold him the car replaced the intake manifold with a smaller one. and kept the original for another car I guess.

·
Multi Car Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well...

Well,I'm not sure if pacesetter makes them fo that application though.Thanks for the info ,I guess I'll check.

M

·
0 Posts
Hey carnut, where in Northern VA are you? I work in Winchester. I had 3 Mach 1's, 428 CJ, 390 & 351, as well as a bunch of other stangs. One of every body type except the Mustang II's. Still have an 86 SVO. The SVO is faster then any of the other ones I've had, but I sure liked the old big block's torque.

M

·
0 Posts
You'd have a hard time getting away with that in Fairfax today, unless maybe it was on the Parkway! That place has gotten really congested. We had an office down there for a while, I hated the trip to it. Winchester isn't bad, still a lot of street racing on the back roads and around 37. Anything going on streetwise in Fredericksburg?

T

·
0 Posts
I own an XR8 in Australia, one sunday I was cruising the back roads with the wife. we were cruising down the freeway doing the limit, 100k's. when this motorbike passed me doing about 130-140k's. we had already been at the boozer for most of the day, so we were pretty tanked up. I decided to chase this monkey and get up his rear and give him a shock. as my speedo got close to 180-190k,s we came around a gentle curve just in time to see a cop sitting in his car on the side of the road, writing someone a ticket. by the time we saw this guy it was to late to slow down, so we flew past him at 160-170k's. I looked in my mirror as we passed him, and he looked up to see where the noise was coming from. as we had already passed him he couldnt see nothing. so we assumed he did'nt see us. further down the road we pulled in to gas up at the servo, no sooner had we stopped when next minute who should come pass but the cop with lights a blazing. we escaped that weekend, but only just.

T

·
0 Posts
I stick to the limit now. every time I see a cruiser, I wonder if it's the same cop and does he remember me, or does he think he remembers me from somewhere.
Even now when we go boozing at picton I let her drive home. Age is catching up or Im growing up, one or the other.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
THE DOCTOR
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing