Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
X-TRAIL 4X4
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first speeding fine today. My own fault 68 in a 60 zone on the Ocean Road.

My question is do I have to let my insurance company know? or is that not an issue.

Thankx in advance.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Bugger... sorry to hear it, speeding fines blow

Dunno, unless they specify it in the contract that they can deny you insurance for an offense like that i dont think you would have to

Just ring them up and say if i was to get a policy with you lot would i have to tell you about any speeding fines i got whilst i had the policy and see what they say.. thats the easiest way, just dont give out your dtls to them :)

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
I thought you did if you were taking out a new policy. I've never heard of an insurance company asking for driver details for an ongoing policy, unless you modify the policy or they no longer insure that type/age of car.

But like Fordel said, ring the insurance company and ask them. Even ring them anonymously from a public phone if you like!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Only 68 huh........ you sissy!!!!!

(AP runs around confiscating videos and DVds showing what a Herrod AU is capable of)

·
3,666 Posts
Lucky your speedo is in kph and not mph - trying to work out what speed you are actually doing gets interesting, especially with a bouncy needle. :fraz:

AP - remember that bloke in japan that wound his ferrari out to a rediculous speeds on the hwy, and sold copies of it on the black market? Due to his filming of the incident they were able to charge him. At least you can always plead the speed camera van defence "they flogged my plates and sped on purpose"... :wnc:

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Only 68 huh........ you sissy!!!!!

(AP runs around confiscating videos and DVds showing what a Herrod AU is capable of)
ticky runs around making sure his plates dont appear this time when he is driving at excessive speeds and doing 'dangerous' things with AP down great ocean road...

by shit that was fun!

still remember looking out my side window and watching you come sliding sideways towards me!! :AAHHH:

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
EBXR said:
Lucky your speedo is in kph and not mph - trying to work out what speed you are actually doing gets interesting, especially with a bouncy needle. :fraz:
I got that exact problem! It really sucks, especially being a P-plater would mean that it'd be unlikely for me to get off the hook.

So far so good...

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
tickford2001 said:
ticky runs around making sure his plates dont appear this time when he is driving at excessive speeds and doing 'dangerous' things with AP down great ocean road...

by shit that was fun!

still remember looking out my side window and watching you come sliding sideways towards me!! :AAHHH:
Oh see now you're mistaking me for someone else..... :angel: :angel:

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Did you hear the news last night about the guy in Finland who got fined $278,000 for 80 in a 40 zone? Apparently the last time that happened the fine was reduced on appeal...

·
3,666 Posts
outback_ute said:
Did you hear the news last night about the guy in Finland who got fined $278,000 for 80 in a 40 zone? Apparently the last time that happened the fine was reduced on appeal...
Isn't it in Finland, the fine is based on your income??

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
That is just mad, crazy stuff.

·
grippin'n'rippin
250 Posts
you have to report every fine and every mod. A friend had an accident in his bimmer (his fault) and the insurence refused to pay for the damages (comprehensive insurance) because he didn't report a speeding fine he got half a year before that. They refunded his money (which covered the damages on both cars and took over 3 months to get it). What pissed me off the most is the fact that they obviously knew about the fine and if he hadn't had an accident, they wouldv'e kept his $3.5K.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts