Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i have run out of ideas, ever since i changed my gearbox the speedo aint working, have already changed the speedo sensor in the gearbox with my old one no luck, is it possible that the gears inside the box are stuffed. What else could it be any ideas would be good, and could it have anything to do with the old 4spd loom? thanx ppl

·
Australian Falcon Member
12 Posts
SPEEDO NOT WORKING

CHECK THAT THE PLASTIC GEAR ON SPEED SENSOR IS OK,NEXT LOOK UP IN HOLE WHERE IT FITS. THERE SHOULD BE ANOTHER PLASTIC GEAR IN SIGHT ,YOU MAY HAVE TO USE A MIRROR TO SEE IT. THIS GEAR IS HELD BY A SPRING CLIP ,WHICH CAN FALL OUT & SEEING YOU HAVE REPLACED GEARBOX PROBABLY HAS , THROUGH BEING BUMPED AROUND, IT IS A COMMON PROBLEM I HAVE SEEN ON FORDS. YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE REAR EXTENSION HOUSING OFF TO FIX IT.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Buy a new car that the speedo is working :p

have you checked the fuse box

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
When my mechanic replaced the speedo transducer in my XF Ghia, the speedo stopped working. We took it back and he said that he had forgotten to replace a 'gear' somewhere.

Maybe that will help?

Sundeep

·
Super Moderator
22,258 Posts
You have tagged on to an 18 yr old post . Please start a new post and supply details of your vehicle , make , year , engine etc and it will help you in getting a possible solution .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts