Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Members , some time ago my son and I did up an xb 4 door with power steering and found when we drove it the "speedometer jumped around like crazy". On further enquiries we were told to change the white gear that was IN the gear box itself at the end of the cable, did this and it worked well.. (I cannot recall what gear box we had in it at the time ) BUT I do recall that one was a 17 toothed gear cog and the other was a 19 toothed; I think the 19 was the one that worked OK... My query now is that we are about to put a C10 in .,running a 351 cleveland in an XB coupe with power steering also and am wondering if anyone can help tell which gear cog is the one that would fit ie 17 or 19 ? or is there another I am un aware of ????? any help or advise would be appreciated immensely ! thanks Ray

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Members , some time ago my son and I did up an xb 4 door with power steering and found when we drove it the "speedometer jumped around like crazy". On further enquiries we were told to change the white gear that was IN the gear box itself at the end of the cable, did this and it worked well.. (I cannot recall what gear box we had in it at the time ) BUT I do recall that one was a 17 toothed gear cog and the other was a 19 toothed; I think the 19 was the one that worked OK... My query now is that we are about to put a C10 in .,running a 351 cleveland in an XB coupe with power steering also and am wondering if anyone can help tell which gear cog is the one that would fit ie 17 or 19 ? or is there another I am un aware of ????? any help or advise would be appreciated immensely ! thanks Ray
[/QUO Sorry Members I Got The gearbox WRONG !!!!! We are about to put A BORG WARNER C4 IN !!!!!! But request is still the same ie what size is gear spline/cog to suit 17 or 19 that fits on end of speedo cable at the gear box end ? ? ? ? ? Many thanks for ANY reply would help immensely Regards Ray

1 - 2 of 2 Posts