Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished work early yesterday, and realised that I had a fair bit of cash from the weeks tips (I work in hospitality if anyone is wondering), so I decided to pay Wade cams a visit. Having previously sent them a few emails to get some advice, I settled on a stage 2 profile. After picking up some shims from ford, I got home and preceded to fit it all. 2 hours later, I fired her up (started first time thank god). Apart from a slight ticking sound from the lifters as the oil went back into them, all good. After letting it idle for a few minutes, I took the 'lane for a drive. And what a difference!!!!!!!!!!! Pulls like a freight train now, especcially after about 3000 rpm. The computer is still learning the new cam, which will probably take a couple of days, and a result, is running a bit rich atm. But anyway, this was such an easy mod to do, especially for the money spent (all up, change from $170), and I would reccommend anyone who is power hungry doing this!!

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
so is there any degridation of idle or fuel economy?

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
How easy was it to install?

I've just read your sig and wondering how easy it was to fit EF lifters. Were there any other modifications required to fit the lifters, or was it just a straight swap? Any noticeable difference?

Cheers.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
was it a regrind of your old one, or a completely new one? Don't know much about cams, but for that price I'm tempted to learn :wnc:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
good pickup, i'm still suprised at how cheap the wade cams are.
good way to spend $170 i reckon :)

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ef lifters fit straight onto the earlier heads, with no mods required. As for fitting the cam, remove the rocker cover, back off the chain tensioner, unbolt the chain sprocket, undo the rocker gear, and remove the cam. Then, its just a mater of putting int hte new one, and bolting it all back to gether. The only mod needed to fit the cam, is a second shim under each lifter, to maintain contact between the lifter and the valve. The reason for using the ef lifters, was that it was cheaper to buy a second hand set from a wrecker, than to fix up my ea ones. But yeah, for the money spent, a HUGE improvement in power.

Also, yeah, it is a regrind cam (hence the need for the shims). I had a spare cam at home, so they just swapped it over. However, if you dont have a spare cam/remove yours first, you just leave a deposit, which you get back when you take in the old cam.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
dyno time :s6: lol good to hear it was money well spent!!!

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
Has anyone baught a wade cam from interstate? Do you do it directly, or through a representitive?

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you do it directly. Visit their web site, and send them an email. Im pretty sure I saw a few cams packed up for shipping whilst I was there.

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MADNC_8 said:
well done mate, now ur car will really whomp mine lol
lol I think its time for a drag strip :)

Should be getting a proper zorst system soon after the respray, which will really make it worth while.

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
Low Na said:
lol I think its time for a drag strip :)

Should be getting a proper zorst system soon after the respray, which will really make it worth while.
soon to install a new zorst on my machine, one without flakey sounds and dents and pops and such.....

then back on the dyno....

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
Walkinshaw said:
Has anyone baught a wade cam from interstate? Do you do it directly, or through a representitive?
My brother just got his cam from them. Just box it up and send it over to him, give them your credit card details on the phone and they post it back. It took about a week and cost under $30 postage there and back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts