Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate and I are thinking of undertaking a conversion of his EA to Mulitpoint as theres a good chance of me picking up most of the required parts cheap (fuel rail, injectors, ECU, intake manifold) . I know the Fuel Pump is different, but ive been told that the Heads are different? Is that correct?

Is there anything else im missing?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
On my dads EB we had before, there was a pipe from the exhaust manifold that goes into the intake. I think multipoint engines didn't have this hot stove thing the CFI did. The CFI system when i had a look at it is basically a carby setup but with twp injectors instead.

Have to say we were thinking of this type of conversion as well, let us know how you go if you go ahead with it. The Multipoint will go so much harder that the CFI. 120kw vs 139kw, and not to mention throttle response.

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
The airbox is different, in addition to everything else you mentioned. I enquired about this conversion a while ago, and a wrecker told me it wasn't as easy as most people thought. However, I'm told the taxi industry is always buying used CFI parts from wreckers, so don't just throw them away.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys :)

Venom, did the wrecker clarify exactly what he meant by saying "its not as easy as it looks"

I dont paticulary want to get the job half done and find out it actually cant be done :rolleyes:

Has anyone here actually done this?

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
Martin said:
Thanks guys :)

Venom, did the wrecker clarify exactly what he meant by saying "its not as easy as it looks"

I dont paticulary want to get the job half done and find out it actually cant be done :rolleyes:

Has anyone here actually done this?
He did rattle of a list of thing I'd need to change, other than the engine, and some of those have been mentioned and the others I don't remember, was a years few back. :rolleyes:

It is possible, just don't be surprised that there a few more things you need to change over than you first anticipated, unless that is you get complete conversion details from someone who actually knows what's needed. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Venom XR
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing