Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of taking the GT for a spin down the Great Ocean Road and staying overnight somewhere proberly tomorrow(Friday) but i'll have to book accomodation for overnight,has anybody else being planning to do something simular ? it would be good to see a few GT's etc going down the Ocean rd.
Cheers John
 

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
Joined
·
262 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiice Avatar!

Oh sorry, what were you asking?

That's right, sorry gotta work, have fun though.
 

·
Falcontastic.
Joined
·
6,039 Posts
Ha, I should have read this a little earlier John, My G'friend and I were deciding on where to go for a drive today and she said the great ocean rd,but we ended up at Echuca instead,oh well next time.
 

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
Joined
·
2,242 Posts
damn.... wish i had my license, then id love to go for cruises and stuff like this... even tho i dnt own a new GT :p id wish i had one tho :s6:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your time will come Supa ROO in a years time when you get your licence you'll be able to do the things which lay ahead of you and you will be able to enjoy the ED XR6 which you own not bad at your age.
Cheers John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
Sorry John cant make it at the moment. Probably impossible to get accom at this time down there. Usualy a three night min this time of year. I had to book Apollo Bay 2 mths in advance for a motel. Let me know what you decide as would love to come at a later stage Sat 11 and Sun 12 jan would be good If you want a little more time to plan, Im sure our 200 mate would come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah not a bad idea Adrian could be organised.
Cheers John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
I have just been down along the Great Ocean Rd in my new XR8. I was staying in Lorne but drove along the road each and it was awesome. Saw a few GT's and GTP's along there.

Hoich
 

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
galaxy xr8 said:
Ha, I should have read this a little earlier John, My G'friend and I were deciding on where to go for a drive today and she said the great ocean rd,but we ended up at Echuca instead,oh well next time.
Just came back from Echuca today had 4 days there i seen no cops no cameras anyware hope I don’t get any notices from Steve Bracks.
Echuca what a place always hot from morning till evening never seen a town with so many pubs and motels every corner you can buy grog, seen Lance Whitnall (Carlton footballer) in the PUB TAB gambling. i am sure he wasn't backing Carlton to make the 8..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just got back tonight from my drive down the Great Ocean Road. Stayed overnight at Lorne @ Erskine on the Beach at $200 a night - not bad place though,had breaky then drove down to Apollo Bay about 45min drive. Had a walk around town & local market where I got a lot of reaction over my GT - people just stared at it most of the time and seemed to be impressed - it was a good feeling, pretty proud of the GT. I then went on to the Otway Fly where you walk amongst the trees in the Otway national park really good but a fair bit of walking ,it is about an 1hr drive past Apollo Bay up past Lavers Hill then another 15min. cost $11p.p.The roads were pretty good and it gave the car a good work out when i could - other times it was busy with cars but in general i was really impressed the way it handled and the awesome power it has when it is needed to overake a few cars at once - great feeling. Got into Geelong had to fill up the fuel down to 57klm then back to Melbourne,it worked out at about 500klm to the tank, but a lot of it was hard driving so it wasnt too bad i thought. I also came across a bad accident just before Lorne i think someone may have been killed didn't look good head on.
Cheers John
 

·
Falcontastic.
Joined
·
6,039 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
Just came back from Echuca today had 4 days there i seen no cops no cameras anyware hope I don’t get any notices from Steve Bracks.
Echuca what a place always hot from morning till evening never seen a town with so many pubs and motels every corner you can buy grog, seen Lance Whitnall (Carlton footballer) in the PUB TAB gambling. i am sure he wasn't backing Carlton to make the 8..
Does your ute have custom plate's like FPV ???,if so I was up there new yr's day and I seen it parked up there and then I heard you drive past,I heard the nice V8 sound and looked around to see this same ute,if it is you, very nice mate.
 

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
galaxy xr8 said:
Does your ute have custom plate's like FPV ???,if so I was up there new yr's day and I seen it parked up there and then I heard you drive past,I heard the nice V8 sound and looked around to see this same ute,if it is you, very nice mate.
yeah that was me, it was very quiet in Echuca new years eve, my ute was dirty didn,t wash till i got back....

thx....
 

·
Falcontastic.
Joined
·
6,039 Posts
Looked ok to me,mind you like I said I heard it before I seen it,I was sucking on a nice ice cream as it was melting all over me but I had to stop and stare when I heard your vehicle.
 

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
Joined
·
6,021 Posts
seems to be hot all the time in Echuca, if you are going to Heathcote next weekend galaxy xr8 i will catch up with you then....
 

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
Joined
·
2,242 Posts
good to hear u had a great time john, its gotta be a great feelin when evryone pervs on ya car!!! and rightly so!!! :s6:
 

·
Falcontastic.
Joined
·
6,039 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
seems to be hot all the time in Echuca, if you are going to Heathcote next weekend galaxy xr8 i will catch up with you then....
Love to mate,I'm just not sure whether I'm working yet or not,hopefully not.
 

·
Previously Black XR
Joined
·
241 Posts
GTP 320 said:
Just got back tonight from my drive down the Great Ocean Road. Stayed overnight at Lorne @ Erskine on the Beach at $200 a night - not bad place though,had breaky then drove down to Apollo Bay about 45min drive. Had a walk around town & local market Cheers John
I did this exact same thing a week before xmas...the car loved it....I came back via Ballarat though
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top