Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got a last minute call from FPV after someone cancelled their Eastern Creek driver training event (or perhaps FPV thought they'd shut me up and send an extra guy along). Great day. Hot as hell.

All was good in the braking event. All was good in the traction control event (umm, where's that switch again??? he he he). But things went funny in the slalom....

Imagine my surprise at the end of the slalom going for the brake pedal and finding it around halfway to the floor. Umm, maybe that's an anomoly right?

Well, no. We go for the circuit laps and the brake pedal goes soft after every corner although I must admit it was consistently half way to the floor. So, I get one of the instructors to drive the car. He comments he's never felt the brake pedals like this and how far it goes to the floor, although once the pedal picks up the brakes work well. So well in fact the paint on the front calipers burns to a dark maroon colour and the brembo wording in white is now brown (F%$#!!!).

So, I thought I'd try my worst combo. I load the car up a bit around the corners and purposely run over the ripple strips simulating a rough road. Damn! The pedal's as soft as Sparkles' Trouser appendages!

I bit the bullet and drove out to a road where I know I had the pad knock off before the fix. I drive at lower speeds not braking, however driving at moderate lateral loads through numerous corners combined with some bumps. My fears are confirmed.

Ford/FPV have NOT fixed the problem!

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
The pedal's as soft as Sparkles' Trouser appendage![/blQUOTE]

Surely nothing is that soft!! although Wasa does come a close second....

Pete get this thread in the FPV section........!!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a call from someone reasonably senior at Ford. Words were to the effect of: "We've got to get FPV in line over this. Do you want another car?"

I have now been promised the test results from the Brembo project.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It gets better. Got a call. You tell us what car you want and we'll give it to you to try before you swap.

Probelm is, what changes? I get a Pursuit but it's going to be the same thing right? And likely to have many of the same issues. Then again, who's to say the next car won't be a lemon as well?

The current car is being inspected Tuesday. We'll make the call then.

Oh, interesting info. Ford/FPV Customer Liason have the entire history of my car off FF.com as well as their own records. Interesting........ Just shows they're keeping an eye on us!

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No mate, after having a ute it's gonna be hard to go back. Thing is I like the Pursuit. If they could fix the damn thing once and for all I'd be happy!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Ask for an XR8 ute with options and a cash settlement - and off to Herrods you go for Seniore~ Vortech!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
About time they came to the party & gave you a new car petey. Geebus FPV have fu.ked yours up royaly.

Must admit I agree with Rob, JEM, Sparkles & the Don. Nothing short of all these requests would do me..

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Interesting. Will be pleased to hear the outcome.

Cheers
Russ

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't get what I want from the current range. I like Mercury Silver but alas it's no longer available. And a look at some Lightning Silver cars shows that the colour match is poor (look at the door handles for starters). The only options I see are Orange or Vixen.

I'm leaning towards taking up their offer. The wife said I HAVE to do it.

Will talk to my leasing company today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts