Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ford has a Sportsman Fairlane Ghia.. No body really picked up on it, and why would they... Its crap. Well maybe not crap, just nothing special

So what about a LTD Sports man..

First thing is, see all that crappy interior fake wood? Get it chromed or finished in a flat aluminium finish. With dark leather it will look 10x better. Brushed aluminium dash inserts?

Offer it with the 220Kw Xr8/T-series engine

Have it avalible with some sweet looking wheels, the std LTD set aren't terribly sporty.

Some extra badging, chome or aluminium stuff. Some scuff gaurds made nice...

See no need for people to be temped by Audi or Merceedes or Holden, the LTD can be exciting in a special kind of reserved european way.

Launch these on the LTD, then maybe pass them on through the line later on..

For example a XTR8, the XR8 for FTe dealers, it has the chromed/brushed aluminium interior inserts, uprated discs/caliper package, some exterior chromey bits, maybe a optional six speed ;)

Well whatda ya reckon?

The LTD rasie interest in the ford lineup, and personally I don't see why the FTe dealers shouldn't have a XR8 in the line up...

The T in xTr8 also makes the R8 sound, hence clubsport R8 competition, even tho its just a extension of the XR name, and obviously linking with the t-series range. Sort of sperates the subtile T series line up as well, as it will still have the XR front.

That way you can save the GT name for something special.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Am I the only one who's noticed that all you do is complain about Ford?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
IPhido,

You have to realise that FORD can't market every model at the younger guys, this is obviously the market that you have placed your version of the Sportsman LTD. They have to offer something for the more mature age person thats wants something different from the standard car, I think this is what the Sportman Fairlane is about.

We already have the brushed metal/Carbon Fibre etc in the TE50, TL Fairlane.

They can't please everybody with every model they release.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Sorry forgot, I do however like your idea about the XTR8, although I don't know if thats the name I'd give it.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I'd call it XR8 Sprint. Rumours of the stroker for a limited edition XR8 has got the name sprint written all over it. It has a bit of history with the ED Sprint and it's not too far removed from the XR8 or too close to the T-Series.

Just in case you haven't noticed I luuurrrvveee the XR8 Sprint branding... oohhh baby yeah!!.. :mmm: :thumbup:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Ford Man said:
I'd call it XR8 Sprint. Rumours of the stroker for a limited edition XR8 has got the name sprint written all over it. It has a bit of history with the ED Sprint and it's not too far removed from the XR8 or too close to the T-Series.

Just in case you haven't noticed I luuurrrvveee the XR8 Sprint branding... oohhh baby yeah!!.. :mmm: :thumbup:
Yep, I totally agree mate. XR8 Sprint with stroker....mmmmm :mmm:

There's no reason why Ford shouldn't provide the Stroker as an option on the XR8 or as a fulltime model in FTE showrooms.

If it was an option, they can detune it to say 235-240kw to get well past SS for a change, and still leave enough left over for T-SERIES.

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
From a marketing point of view it makes no sense to release a special value pack LTD. There is nothing about an LTD that is value..people who buy them do so because they have $65,000 to spend on something that is not that far from a Fairlane but says 'look at me I can afford an LTD.'

Release an SVP and Ford would risk losing that already small prestige (and extremely profitable) market.

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Ford are at the stage where anything they do would not hurt the sales figures for the Fairlane because they are at the point where they don't really have any sales figures to speak of really.

The only thing they can do in the meantime to lift the cars appeal and get the media to cover the car is by releasing special editions. In the end it can't hurt.

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Yeah you're right they don't fit, but just a run of limited editions like the old Cartier LTD were a good idea though and higher tiered runs would be a good thing.

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok maybe as a LTD it won't work, but Im sure Calais and Statesman buyers weren't holding there $'s over the "sportsman Fairlane Ghia", didn't the media gobble it up!!

Statesman or Calais International verse Fords offering.. I can tell you the one that will walk away 19 out of 20 people.

I figured as Ford supporters you would have supported them trying to dig them selves out of a hole.. Im not saying alot of supportive things because Ford isn't doing the right things.

Ford has a spiraling out of control line up, Xr8's are cutting into t-series areas, the Xr6 is confused and the rest of the line up is scattered. Look at the purchase price of the various cars, look at where they are ment to sit, look at the sales figures.

If and when ford does the right things I will praise them. 220Kw into the Xr8 is what the xr8 needed, I don't think the T-series needed it though. Ford is deperate and its showing through the self defeating actions.

Maybe its previous management issues, maybe its ford global, maybe its the AU design..

When ford does something right nobody will care what I say because they will have sales increases.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
IPhido said:

Statesman or Calais International verse Fords offering.. I can tell you the one that will walk away 19 out of 20 people.

The sheep buy the holden, the bloke with the brains buys the Ford.

I figured as Ford supporters you would have supported them trying to dig them selves out of a hole.. Im not saying alot of supportive things because Ford isn't doing the right things.

Polites snatching Lowndes, bugging out of the tennis to concentrate on V8Supercars, more power for Xr8, Strokers for T-series which will have more than enough to take it up to HSV, Ford getting AV right.....FORD not doing the right things.. :rolleyes:

When ford does something right nobody will care what I say because they will have sales increases.
IPhido, Ford are doing something about it, believe me. And it doesn't matter how big the Ls1 is, or gets, it doesn't matter how good everybody else thinks the commodore looks, the fact is the people here love Fords and won't even consider the inferior commodore!

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
JEM said:

Polites snatching Lowndes, bugging out of the tennis to concentrate on V8Supercars, more power for Xr8, Strokers for T-series which will have more than enough to take it up to HSV, Ford getting AV right.....FORD not doing the right things.. :rolleyes:

IPhido, Ford are doing something about it, believe me. And it doesn't matter how big the Ls1 is, or gets, it doesn't matter how good everybody else thinks the commodore looks, the fact is the people here love Fords and won't even consider the inferior commodore!
Hear Hear Jem, you hit the nail on the head with that one :D

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Do all that to a LTD and you have a TL, which looks a hell of a lot better. The LTD is dead wood. You are right about that wood grain, tis horrid, looks so fake, really makes the high line cars look cheap.

Jas

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
JEM said:
FORD not doing the right things.. :rolleyes:
Well said JEM. Lead time is a b*tch. The next 3-4 years will tell the tale of Ford Australia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts