Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the title says it all, last night on the way through Warrandyte Vic I spied with my little eye a black Crossfire. Are they actually on sale yet?

PS, before anyone gets in no I didn't get a picture.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yep have seen them at dealers already. Apparently they are a pretty shoddy thing - Top Gear gave them an absolute pasting in their most recent show and that's good enough for me!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/prog29/crossfire.shtml

Top Gear said:
Beyond a joke

Here's a joke: what do you get if you mix an American car with a German car? The answer, the Chrysler Crossfire. Yes, that's a bad joke, but not as bad a joke as the Crossfire. This is a simply terrible car, which is odd because it has a cool name, AND a Mercedes engine. Leave it to the Americans to turn a good idea into complete rubbish.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Yes, I saw one a little over a week ago. Must say that, in this case, they look a hell of a lot better in the PICTURES than they do in real life.

I was underwhelmed!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Haven't you noticed? British car magazines hate ANYTHING that is not European or British! Check out all the other American and non Euro cars reviewed.
Wouldnt suprise me if they prefer the Calibra to the Monaro

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Haven't seen one yet, but will definately be looking out for it. The price seems to be a bit steep...and on the base of that article...it doesn't seem as though it should be anywhere near that high. Why is it that Chrysler think that their cars should be sold at a high price...when I think prestige, I dont think of them.

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
Price is a bit steep, but hell I LOVE THE LOOK OF IT!

Dead sexy i reckon (though I haven't seen the inside yet).

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
FordHawk said:
The price seems to be a bit steep...and on the base of that article...it doesn't seem as though it should be anywhere near that high. Why is it that Chrysler think that their cars should be sold at a high price...when I think prestige, I dont think of them.
Given that the car is essentially a Mercedes SLK with a different body on it it could be considered quiet cheap given they start around $100K.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Saw one in the flesh on the road and also another couple at a dealer... Somewhere in NSW on the way back from QLD.

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
THeres one ata dealer on parra road nsw ..near concord...

·
Banned
421 Posts
$70,000 at your local dealer. A bit steep for a 160kw V6 'sports car'. What were they thinking.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Again what XY Falcon said.... "Given that the car is essentially a Mercedes SLK with a different body on it it could be considered quiet cheap given they start around $100K."

...so if a Ferrari was rebadged a Fiat, it would have not right to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars?

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Saw another one in the car park at Knox today. Butt ugly from the rear... $70k? Bah! You gotta be kidding me!

·
Registered
140 Posts
There's been a black one at Summernats for the last four days. Was Washed at least three times on Saturday alone. Looks a whole lot nicer than the 350Z, very similar in style with 350 and Audi TT.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
FordHawk said:
Why is it that Chrysler think that their cars should be sold at a high price...when I think prestige, I dont think of them.
Chrysler has always been a semi prestige brand, at least in America.

·
Registered
323 Posts
During Schoolies i saw a new Bently Continential on the Gold Coast. Beautifull looking car. then i read the news paper the other day and they are sending it back to England to get it pulled apart to see if there was any problems.but great looking cars i mite post some picis wen i get back

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Well, have seen a few on the road and in profile, from a distance, they look reasonable - but let's get this straight - mainly due to the huge rims! There is NO redeeming features in the design of the front or back end, and very little in between!

And it's not exactly an SLK in a different body... but even if it was, who in their right mind would want a monstrosity this ugly, especially when you see it next to the "real deal"??? Pic below is the upcoming Crossfire roadster, next to the upcoming SLK...

Trust the Seppos to take something beautiful and ugly it up :MrSparkle

·
Registered
582 Posts
saw a silver one in wollongong last night...meh im neither for or against it but $70 large buys a lot of car these days.

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
Us Chrysler fans will just have to wait for the 2006 Charger and hope that it looks half decent when it breaks cover later this year.

Given how the Germans have raped and pillaged Chrysler since the hostile take over, and destroyed their brand identity, I'm not expecting anything much. Especially not as good a revival as the Mustang is now going to make...

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
It's a clever use of corragated iron on the bonnet!! ;)

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Casper said:
Must say that, in this case, they look a hell of a lot better in the PICTURES than they do in real life.
Agreed!
Saw one at the lights last week, and it was fugly!
The back of the car... well there is no back. Needed to be a bit longer i think. Looked like they just chopped it in half.

Wasnt very loud, what engine so they have?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts