Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does ne1 know how to remove the springs from the car and is a compressor required also is there a difference between the back and front ones??

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Front = spring compressor
Rear = undo shocks and jack the body leaving diff on ground

·
LET EM' RIPPP
1,819 Posts
If you undo the top baljoint, you do not require a spring compressor to remove. If you are going to re install standard size springs, you will need a compressor.

The balljoint can be easy to undo, or can bust your chops. Depends on your luck.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I would just use a spring compressor on the front, I think I know how Bass Crazy does it and I think its dodgy unless he uses REALLY short springs. With a spring compressor you will have to undo the upper control arm from the body.

Also busting ball joints apart are a piece of piss. Unscrew the nut almost all the way then smash the knuckle a few times with a heavy hammer till it pops apart.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
You switching to superlows or changing the strut?

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Even the XR8 suspension we put in my car didnt need spring compressors. Just needed 2 people as the weight of a person pushing down on the cap was enough to beable to get the nut on.

·
LET EM' RIPPP
1,819 Posts
not ford said:
I would just use a spring compressor on the front, I think I know how Bass Crazy does it and I think its dodgy unless he uses REALLY short springs. With a spring compressor you will have to undo the upper control arm from the body.

Also busting ball joints apart are a piece of piss. Unscrew the nut almost all the way then smash the knuckle a few times with a heavy hammer till it pops apart.
It can be done easily with superlows, and as mentioned by Karl, the Tickford springs with a little help.

As for the ball joints being easy, ask SPHELL about the right upper balljoint on his car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts