Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bronco Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stop the noise... argh
something is squeaking intermittently under the hood. i thought it might be the belt so i replaced that. nope still squeaks and squeals. i'm thinking it might be the compressor for the AC or one of the pulleys, cept i checked around for a replacement pulley kit or something and no one carries anything like that. i figure i might as well replace all the ones that i can while i'm tring to find the culprit. Does ayone know of where i could get a kit or individual pulleys for a 5.0 93 XLT with AC?

·
Bronco Member
6 Posts
piranicon, dont know if this will help but a few months ago my 92
bronco was doing the same thing i sprayed each pulley with wd-40 while the engine was running. i still had sqeaking until i finally
figured out it was the water pump. changed it and sqeaked no more.

·
Bronco Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i know its not that... in another post i was asking about leaking coolant. Well it turned out the waterpump seal broke. so i replaced the waterpump. something still squeaks. I hear mixed things about using wd40 and it causing rust.

·
Bronco XLT Member
12 Posts
Same thing

I think I've got the same thing, my 87 squeals (when I first start it) if it revs up above 3000 rpm. I've tried WD 40, Belt Dressing, replacing belts, etc... I'm pretty sure that it's a pulley. I'm going to start replacing pulleys one by one and hope that maybe that is the problem. I hope you find out what the problem is. Those squeals can be extremely anoying.

·
Bronco Member
40 Posts
Does any of your Bronco's have a mechanically coupled fan?.
There may be the possibility that the fan clutch is weak.
If you have the 5.0Ltr. unit the cause of the squeal may be the emissions air pump it is known to squeal if the air check valves are stuck for any reason. If you have the air pump, and the alternator coupled thru a link belt that may be causing a slight squeal if the belts are loose, or an oily film is on the belt or pully.
Though my system worked fine I had modified my engine with belt "auto-tensioner" systems so that all three belts are self-tightening. My vehicle is a 86 so it does not have the serpentine belt, but it had three individual belts..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts