Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Congo Green BA XR6 Turbo
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AU XR6 VCT and recently have been having problems with a squeak whcih sounds like it is coming from the brakes or somewhere around that area anyway. The Ford dealer has had the car six times to try and fix it and everytime i pick it up it is a fine but a couple fo hours it starts up again. They contacted Ford and they said they had never heard of it so i was wondering whether anyone on here has had the problem and what it actually is.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Interesting point about the squeeky rear ends of falcons. I can swear pretty much 10 outta 10 falcons going accross a bumpy road you can hear the rear end squeek. You can hear it out side of the car. I'm beginning to think it's a characteristic of the falcon suspension.

Seems it does it on wagons, sedans and utes.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
i have a squeak from the Right Rear wheel when it hits a bump in the road.

It isnt really loud, but sounds more like a suspension squeak. its only on the right side, and can also be heard if you bounce the car hard enough.

Its not loud enough to bother me, and can only be heard with the window down.

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
If it's brakes it'll probably be slide pins or handbrake mechanism in the caliper. If it's pins grease with copper grease. Check that handbrake lever on caliper returns fully - if not, it's suspect and reco calipers (ideally should replace as a pair) are most effective solution as fresh kit may not solve it. If it only happens on take off and for a while after, it's probably brakes as the rotors knock the pads/piston back after a while and the noise will stop.

Other possiblity is bushes binding, most likely in control arms.

·
European Member
84 Posts
I had the same thing in my xr6. It turned out to be a missing anti rattle clip and a loose axle bolt. They only took 4.5 days to find the problem and me threatening them with a new car.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Check shock bush's too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts