Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on the website and found they had an induction kit for AU's. I have seen the BA one and its Massive, runs the whole length of the radiator support panel. But the one for the AU doesn't look much bigger than the Tickford one. If anyone has fitted it and got good results I would consider paying $350. SS inductions claim 9rwkw. I wish I could beleive that but some how I'm sceptical. I would love to be proven wrong, as I would love an extra 9rwkw!

·
Teh Pimp
311 Posts
People will usually say that SS Inductions is all BS but I have seen some mates that have had quite some decent gains. 12rwkw was gained by putting in an air filter, SS Inductions and using Premium fuel.

All I can say is that you really have to test it out for yourself because every car is different.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard 10rwkw for the BA system. And that's beleivable as the intake is ENORMOUS! But this one for the AU's doesn't look that much larger than the Tickford snorkel fitted standard to my car.

I am presuming your mates cars are E-series/AU? I'll see what other poeple have got. I don't mind spending money as long as it's on a quality product. Like everyone I guess.

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
It is quite a bit larger than the Tickford snorkle but will not give you any power gain because the Tickford snorkle isn't a restriction until you are up around 260-280kws.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So there would be no point putting it on an almost stock AU1 XR8?

·
Teh Pimp
311 Posts
I reckon you should hold off for a while. Next month, I am going to source one for my car and then do a before and after dyno. If it gives me power (say over 2rwkw) then I might think about keeping it.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
IMO I think the money could be better used elsewere on the car where performance is required.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
Cobra
if i was you i would be fitting the standard AU2 & 3 XR-8 intake ( the one with the Tickford wings on it ) as it is heeps large enough for your engine

regards
rod

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
^^^What he said, and then get a square sheet of stainless steel and shape it up to be like the scoop, a hell of a lot cheaper and it is exactly the same. I have done this to my car.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I allready have the Tickford snorkel, the one with the wings on it. Didn't they come standard on AU1 XR8's?

It does look like a bit of a waste of money the SS induction snorkel. I'm just curious why they dont make a larger one like what they have available for the BA's.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TwinPiston: Have you got a pic of your intake with the piece of sheet metal you used? Just curious how you've mounted it and how good it looks on XR's.

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
I'm kinda curious why they did nt make one similar to the ones that are available for the BA's. I might be temped to get one if they did. But for $350 I think i will put it towards my extractors.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Cobra said:
I allready have the Tickford snorkel, the one with the wings on it. Didn't they come standard on AU1 XR8's?

It does look like a bit of a waste of money the SS induction snorkel. I'm just curious why they dont make a larger one like what they have available for the BA's.
the AU2 came standard with the large intake with the wings on it

regards
rod

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Cobra I am at the moment making up a peice of sheetmetal that scoop's up the air into the snorkle if I get it done in time for Geelong I will show you,it's just a matter of finding the time to do this, I've been wanting to do this for age's,cheer's.

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
on a somewhat related note (sorry to hijack the thread cobra but youd probably be interested also) is there any gains to make it worthwile fitting the T-series/BA XR8 pod and intake setup and removing the existing airbox??

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did the T-series have a Pod FalKeen? I guess you could fit the T-Seiries Pod then with the 82mm MAF and it would fit no problem but I'm guessing that it wouldn't be beneficial to it's maximum potential till you have done abit more work to the engine.

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
Cobra said:
Did the T-series have a Pod FalKeen? I guess you could fit the T-Seiries Pod then with the 82mm MAF and it would fit no problem but I'm guessing that it wouldn't be beneficial to it's maximum potential till you have done abit more work to the engine.
at least the T3 did anyway mate

it certainly looks a sh!t load better i reckon

there was a company selling them, with an attachment for your snorkel to the pod, but i lost their web address! :fraz:

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Are they worth the money, and do they come with the MAF??? I t probably would be a bit better than the standard.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts