Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Linux User
214 Posts
I've got some zetec mats from ford and they came with anchor points that look like you have to screw them in. I asked the dealer and they said to get a screwdriver and just punch a hole in the carpet!?! I that a fairly risk free thing to do?.....I don't want to ruin the carpet.

Cheers

Andrew

·
Zetec Is Better Than VTEC
184 Posts
I also only got fronts with my Zetec.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Bastards at Stillwell Ford Sales told me that I was getting $150 worth of free mats for the car when I bought it as a part of the deal until I found out that they were only front mats & were standard with the ST170.
The window tinting is also mentioned as standard in the Focus brocure but this is also false as it only means that the glass has UV filtering only & are not tinted.
Anyone got a ST170 front drivers door trim on their 2 dr Focus that has a blue insert. My trim has dissappeared some months ago & I now have a grey trim & no-one knows where it has gone or why it was changed. It has taken 6 months to rectify this, as the new trim has just arrived.

Regards Mark

·
2,922 Posts
Ah the windows are tinted slightly, if you open the passenger window a bit, so you can compare the side windows to no glass and the front window, you'll see the side windows are slightly tinted, but its next to nothing, and like what you said, is only for UV really. Same with our BA XR6, we had to specifically opt for aftermarket 35% tint rather than just the factory 'tint' to protect the leather.

Tim!

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Yeah the windows are slightly tinted, nothing great though.

Damn ST170X they lied their asses off to you then.. those mats def come std with the car

I have the proper trims in my car

Cheers

Chris

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
The Zetec doesn't come standard though, I had to order fronts and backs. Mine came (after ordering) with the front driver's one anchored by 2 hooks, didn't see them installed so I guess they did the hole punching themselves!!! MY Passenger side and Rear ones aren't anchored but they are cutout to fit so they don't really move around.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Have called a couple of dealers to try and get some rear mats, but they are apparently only sold in a set of 4 (front and back) - quotes have ranged from $80 to $100, though not sure if all were quoting with tax incl. Are there any member discounts floating about? ;)

Mark

·
Linux User
214 Posts
That price range sounds just like what I paid for the 4 zetec mats.... bad news that you only need two....

andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts