Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


Does this look ok for standard GT no addons? Getting zorst done tomorrow so was interested in increase if any. Pacemakers,cats and twin 2 1/2" SS with quad tips. Will post the next one if worth posting.
 

·
GEARBOX WRECKER
Joined
·
475 Posts
Yeah,thats an average figure for a stock car,we have seen them higher and lower so its a good base figure.

How many K's has it done.
 

·
GEARBOX WRECKER
Joined
·
475 Posts
GT 0844 said:
Now all I have to do is save up for the Edit.......wooohhooooo
Mate you'll love it when you have the edit done. :hy:
 

·
GEARBOX WRECKER
Joined
·
475 Posts
joecub said:
what is edit?

CAPA FLASHER/SCT/STEALTH EDIT its known by several different names .It refers to aftermarket tuning software and hardware.
 

·
Gota be Happy with a Hump
Joined
·
59 Posts
GTP-330 said:
We can now tune like FORD does!
That's under rating your talents a bit there Simon. LoL
Ford gave me a crap tune!!!!!

Won't be long till I'm off to Melbourne for Chris to do The Xtreme job on the ute. heheheh :jester: :jester: :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Boss Edit/CAPA/S?T - exactly how many kw does this programme honestly gain?

Can this gain be proven on a calibrated dyno, with 'no break' runs, or is the 1/4 mile or 0 - 100 kmh time SIGNIFICANTLY faster?

there are many of these modules being sold, but not many proveable results in the 5.4l range - XR6turbo is different, and one can boost to 280kw safely, reliably, and with no problems, and able to post good times. But what about the 5.4 V8s?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
Q GT-P said:
Boss Edit/CAPA/S?T - exactly how many kw does this programme honestly gain?

Can this gain be proven on a calibrated dyno, with 'no break' runs, or is the 1/4 mile or 0 - 100 kmh time SIGNIFICANTLY faster?

there are many of these modules being sold, but not many proveable results in the 5.4l range - XR6turbo is different, and one can boost to 280kw safely, reliably, and with no problems, and able to post good times. But what about the 5.4 V8s?
mate, have a look around these forums, theres plenty of ppl who can tell and show you results, as for the reliable dyno results.. why would anyone want to post rubbish, if they did they would just make themselves look like a cock.
 

·
GEARBOX WRECKER
Joined
·
475 Posts
Q GT-P said:
Boss Edit/CAPA/S?T - exactly how many kw does this programme honestly gain?

Can this gain be proven on a calibrated dyno, with 'no break' runs, or is the 1/4 mile or 0 - 100 kmh time SIGNIFICANTLY faster?

there are many of these modules being sold, but not many proveable results in the 5.4l range - XR6turbo is different, and one can boost to 280kw safely, reliably, and with no problems, and able to post good times. But what about the 5.4 V8s?


BA GT-P 2003 290 Boss
With only one pass being completed, it was able to hit straight up and smash its previous best of 13.97 @ 103 mph to run a time of 13.11 @ 107 mph - with nothing more than an Xtreme Custom Tune. This also makes it the quickest N/A manual GT in the country, putting out a total 295 RWKW's.

Proof you want.
 

·
GEARBOX WRECKER
Joined
·
475 Posts
GT-P 738 said:
BA GT-P 2003 290 Boss
With only one pass being completed, it was able to hit straight up and smash its previous best of 13.97 @ 103 mph to run a time of 13.11 @ 107 mph - with nothing more than an Xtreme Custom Tune. This also makes it the quickest N/A manual GT in the country, putting out a total 295 RWKW's.

Proof you want.
Prior to tuning, Matt's car ran 13.7 @ 105. While still retaining factory headers/cats, street rubber and standard clutch an Xtreme Custom Tune was added. This allowed it to blow away its previous time and run a 13.17 @ 106.5, making it the second quickest manual N/A GT in the country. Total power output: 271.9 RWKW's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Well, that sounds impressive - so gains with just the edit and standard everything else is looking at rwkw gain of up to 50kw, going by standard of some of the gt's of just over 220kw? Thats an impressive gain, just by altering computer. How long does the tuning for individual cars take and what is cost over the price of the module?
 

·
GEARBOX WRECKER
Joined
·
475 Posts
Q GT-P said:
Well, that sounds impressive - so gains with just the edit and standard everything else is looking at rwkw gain of up to 50kw, going by standard of some of the gt's of just over 220kw? Thats an impressive gain, just by altering computer. How long does the tuning for individual cars take and what is cost over the price of the module?
Now ill have to leave it to GTP 330(XTREME FORD TUNING) to answer you as he does all my work and could better answer your questions.

Just remember that we also have some bolt on mods on our cars,just have a read of our Signatures and you will see what i mean.

Or better still click on the XTREME link on the right hand side of the page and contact Simon. :hy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh what a lovely sound............Pacies with Quads....I'll drive it for a couple of weeks then dyno it again so we can see the difference. Already so much smoother down low and much better low down power and oooooooh that burble. :driver: I'll try and get the young blokes MP3 player off him and record it too.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top