Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Luke
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys iv just converted from Holden to Ford and i went out and bought a 2005 standard xr6 turbo....my question is can someone tell me exactly what parts i need to achieve 300kw.....i was thinking a capa x3 flash tuner with the 10psi tune file...will i need to upgrade the injectors to the 42lb one or will standard be enough....like i said im new to this and havent a clue what to do so any advice will be a great help

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Is this a BA or a BF xr6t. The in box generic tunes will almost get to there but to get the best results then if a BA you will need valve springs (weak under higher boost) and injectors, pump, capa box and a custom tune and you will be lovin it. If it's a BF then the valve springs are fine. If you are worried about spending too much at the moment then get the capa box with the generic tunes and enjoy that until you get more funds. The box should get you another 40 or so kW's straight off but the tunes are a little tame for safety without any engine mods.

·
Luke
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for ur reply its a BA XR6 Turbo and yeah im a bit short on funds atm so the flash tuner will have to do for now :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
newtoford
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing