Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you have successfully done this? I just broke up with my gf of 7 months, and she now says that she "cant not have (me) in (her) life." I miss her a lot, and a part one me wants to be friends, just because I dont want her out of my life. Now the more logical side of me says "dont be an idiot, seeing her is just gonna make things worse, especially if she gets another bf." I know the right thing to do, but why cant I make myself do it! Dude....women suck.

·
Probe GT Member
34 Posts
I was friends with my ex but it caused major issues with the current girlfriend. So it was easier just to let go of the ex. Trust me you will get over it. Makes life tons easier once you have another woman in your life. Good Luck

·
Morally Bankrupt
101 Posts
QuadCam_GT said:
Dude....women suck.
Then you will find breaking up was not the thing to do.

G

·
me and my ex are still very good friends, although we argue much more now then we ever did when we were together i'm just happy she is still in my life.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shit, if you hate her enough to break up with her...

how can you be friends?

I've been there. You can say that, but it has never worked in my case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It sort of worked for me. I've been friends with a woman I was once involved with for 14 years now. Of course we bicker like an old married couple. In fact most people think we are married.
:shrug:

·
"Sweet Pea"
172 Posts
You might be able to in the long run, but not initially. Think about how she feels...she probably still wants to be with you since you broke up with her............she will never get over it unless she cuts you lose. Hopefully you guys were close enough friends to continue later.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I know Id never want to remain friends with a guy who dumps me. Its like throwing salt into my wounds. no thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
This is dumb.

I think men and women only stay "friends" after breaking up so that they might be able to call on each other for...you know...when they're lonely.

Once they find someone new...then they'll cut the old partner loose.

Sucks, doesn't it? It's better to just break up and stop seeing each other...rather than letting things linger.

And I'm out.:hy:

G

·
I've been living this hell since March. My ex-g/f and and I were togethter for 5 years. She's my best friend and I'm happy to still have her in my life. But, it's virtually hell. We fight worse now then we did before. She says she's over me and we're going to "move on" so she goes out and I go out. It's okay for her to meet new guys but the second I say I met someone, all hell breaks loose. I think we're finally going to have to break off all ties. It hurts me to say it but life has to go on.

And by the way, we didn't stay ""friends" after breaking up so that they might be able to call on each other for...you know...when they're lonely. " Trust me, I'm hurting!!!:sad:

·
"Sweet Pea"
172 Posts
Re: This is dumb.

Rdshark1 said:

Once they find someone new...then they'll cut the old partner loose.

Yeah Riiiiight! i wish they did. :angry: they'll have their cake and eat it too.

·
One Winged Angel
64 Posts
I haven't been able to stay friends with any of my ex girlfriends. I don't know, it's just to weird.

·
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was really a mutual break-up, and I really want her back, but I dont want to be her friend, then have her find another guy. I know that this thread is accomplishing nothing, its really just a place for me to talk out loud.

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
I have a friendship with almost everyone one of my ex's whether I dumped them, they dumped me or mutual. I just simply moved on after we would break up as I would expect them to move on. The only one that I completely cut of any type of relationship was the one that lied to me. I didn't need to have 'friends' in my life that I can't trust.

There are plenty of fish in the sea... go fishing.:hy:

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
well jared r says.. the women suck.. everytime i see one of the girls i went out with, with there BF or whatever. im actually happy for them.. but makes me feel very weird.. kinda makes me feel bad when they come and talk to me. and say who are u going out with now.. im like umm.. well this girl.. i think.. ummm.. she, umm.. umm.. well i actually dont have a GF right now :shrug:.. :MUha: thats the jared r we all know and hate/love.. :s6:

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
and she says: maybe its over.. and he says: theres plenty of fish in the sea.. :shrug: oh my. i say: dont go away.. from me.. :BW: :noNO: :sad: :BW:

·
Probe Member
11 Posts
If you just broke up, give time to let things settle. You need to set boundaries, so each person knows what's going on. I stayed very close friends with one of my ex's for a long time after we broke up; hell, I even set her up with my best friend! And we were both cool. We're not friends now because of stuff totally unrelated to us or her dating him, but we were very close. It can work.

·
Probe GT Member
18 Posts
I am friends with most of my exs. Its like this.. if we are fighting for some reason, and we break up, theres no need to be mad anymore. we had our good times. Just think, if you see your ex with some hot ass girl, you can make the move or her friend. :) There are also times where we break up because we just drift apart. I actually introduced my ex to a friend. I want her to be treated right, and i knew he wasnt a dick.

·
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im not really concerned with hooking her up with any of my friends, but some of her friends are :thup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts