Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AU Falcon Convert
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an antenna that connects to the back window and the demister.

I have a problem. I need to connect it to the stereo but have no idea how to get at it. I started removing the plastic bit around the stereo and other controls. Seems like it just un clips but got scared when I was trying to pull off the bottom half.

Is it ok to reef it off or is there another trick??

By the way, I am installing it in an AU and its a standard CD player.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
u need to take the radio out using special U-tool that goes in the holes in the sides on the headunit, there is no need to remove the surround unless you're having trouble getting the actual aeriel cable to the back of the radio.

can i ask where you got the aeriel?

·
AU Falcon Convert
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the aerial from WES Electronics at Liverpool Street Ashfield. $12.95. Code AP170. It connects to the back windscreen and to the demister, hopefully a bit like the BA. I hate the aerial being up! This antenna is supposed to boost the signal.

·
3FB's Peter Pan!!!
777 Posts
EFFalcon said:
u need to take the radio out using special U-tool that goes in the holes in the sides on the headunit, there is no need to remove the surround unless you're having trouble getting the actual aeriel cable to the back of the radio.

can i ask where you got the aeriel?

Failing the availability of the special u-shaped tool, you can use a couple of bent coat hangers if your careful.

·
AU Falcon Convert
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that guys, BUT, do I need to remove the CD player to remove the 'egg' shaped fascia?? Or should it just reef off. I am scared of snapping it.

I need to access the back because the antenna requires earthing and a 12 volt power source. I can reach the antenna input itself but need to connect these other things to something.

·
AU Falcon Convert
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys,

After 3 Months, finally got the thing installed this morning. Have been part slack but also wanted to get an auto electrician mate to install it. Good news is it works fantastic on FM. But not real good on AM.

ANother bit of good news is that it is invisible. Installed it behind one of the interior panels, which maybe part of the AM problem.

No more aerials now to make the exterior look untidy.

Still have to work out the AM problem but overall very happy.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Ive got one at home too, been too lazy to install it. Have you covered the antenna hole at all or kust left it open?

·
AU Falcon Convert
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didnt fill the hole but would be a good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts