Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought Steve had a few kangaroo's loose in the top paddock.
That stunt yesterday confirms it. One slip,and Bob would have been an entree for the croc. America has wacko Jacko, we have Steve.
Then he does drive Toyota's. :wnc: :AAHHH: :wnc: :AAHHH: :wnc: :AAHHH:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Honestly mate the guy knows what he's doing. It isn't his first child so he knows how to hold a baby (though his efforts were not to convincing I mean I doubt he’d drop him) He did a similar thing with his daughter. He has vast knowledge of crocodile behaviour and can probably tell what they are thinking by now. I would trust this guy with my life. In my opinion, the most concerning thing in that footage is that he fails to properly support the babies head and the way he "walked" the baby was rather close to shaking it at some points. This baby is 1 month old. I will say it was unnecessary and not part of any show I’d like to see but Steve would put his own life before the babies, remember…. he jumps on crocs for a living and has had this croc for years so he'd know what to watch out for. Give it 4 years and this baby will be catching & holding snakes, crocs and all kinds of wildlife just like his daughter is now.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Was all over the news here in the states. Can say it was even on local news here. they were comparing him to Jacko the whacko. They were saying how ignorant he was in baiting the croc with the baby....now I did not see that, but you know the news and media has to always throw their own spin on it.

Now knowing that he does know a shitload about crocs and everything, still it was not a wise move on his part. Of course this can just be a media stunt by him to get more attention around him. I have seen worse things done in the name of gathering attention for a personality.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Sounds like a bit of typical australian tall poppy cutting to me.

This guy works with crocs every day, I doubt that the baby was in any danger at all.
Lets face it, it's his baby, his life and his right. I get sick of all these wowsers whinging about other people then go to drive home, forgetting to buckle there own kids up. You tell me whats more dangerous.

Just stupid media hype, screw them, since when do any of us believe the media or accept the "slant" they love to put on stories to make a buck?

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
I'm with Casper on this.
The guy is a pro and knows what he's doing. Typical media at it's best (worst).

The real reason he probably shouldn't have done it is because he should know the ridiculous fuss the media will make, not because of any danger the kid was in.

Rick.

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
As always , the media have nothing better to talk about , so its pick on Steve Irwin week.

·
Cheerful Idiot
1,614 Posts
Casper said:
Why modify a car? Why climb a mountain? Why do anything?
Yeah, at first I was thinking just a media stunt... But then I guess the kid has got to be introduced to the pets, get it used to it from the start? I think that's how that kind of thing works anyway.

I don't think he's the kind of guy to go for that kind of thing for the media, but the media is just going to screw around with it anyway.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Top guy, stupid moment.

Everyone has lapses every now and then, but this was very stupid and unfortunatley caught by the media who could just not let something like this go.
As for comparring Stevie to the freak that is Michael Jackson is just crazy, noone is as stupid and freaky as that circus sideshow.

It'll be a while before this dies down, poor dumbass Aussie!

·
EFing Quick!
1,327 Posts
Jacko used an "oh my God stinky pants!" grip on his kid while Steve was clearing demonstrating the Harrison Ford "damn Nazis won't get my Holy Grail!" arm-tuck.
Quoted from somewhere else. The only thing that was stupid was that Steve didn't have the foresight to see all the sensationalism the media and the whiney public would put out after seeing the footage and not taking into consideration all the facts.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Top guy, stupid moment.
thats what i reckon, i know he knows heaps about crocs and nothing would ever happen, but still... u dnt do sh*t like that... honestly the kid would of looked like a dead chook and could of been if the croc jumped...

·
EFing Quick!
1,327 Posts
The croc wouldn't go for the smaller of the two possible chunks of meat; I've read somewhere that crocs can only leap 1/3 of their bodylength; it wasn't some unknown wild croc, it's name was Murray ffs! Other croc handlers were on standby in case anything goes wrong.

Public and media overeacting at it's finest.

·
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS
421 Posts
""Other croc handlers were on standby in case anything goes wrong.""

Now fair go here ,,,,,what were they going to pull the baby out of its mouth if it manage to get a bite at it ??? i doubt it( WASA rolls over and laughs)

All in all ,quote from Steve him self today "i'm sick in the stomach " lol
yea ...like last week and the week before and the week before that.

This guy is going to make a motsa out of all this $$$$$$ , tell me how else you can get a add right across the States and even in the two horse towns like where Lunatic lives . 100 points to the man , His press agent and staff they couldnt have hoped for a better response , I bet even Lunatic on his next visit over here thinks about doing a detour to see the man in action him self .

3 full pages in todays paper in sydney about it and the 120 people who died in that air crash over near the Red Sea got a couple of lines

(the news world as we know it is stuffed)

My cousin and family visited the Zoo where all this happens over the xmas break and he said to me last week before allthis happened "they must turn over close to a million dollars a day there" well now it will be 2 million

just my thoughts for the day and all can be found in WASA's book of rules

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
im looking at it like ppl shouldnt even make comments that his wacko or a bad parent etc this bloke has been doing this since he was born he aint a novice parent like wacko jacko is,and steve irwin has lived with crocs all his life,like you have ppl in the outback where their kids play in croc infested water,yet NO -one pays attention to the parents,MEDIA HYPE on this has been pathetic i feel sorry for steve and his family,even being investigated for child abuse by qld families etc its a joke..

he's a professional the croc went to the left of screen whilst they went to the right,he held his arm out to hand feed the croc,it wasn't like he was dangling the baby at the croc was it?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
and you know what i hope he bans the media after this,cause all they have done is blackened his name just to make a buck,and nearly ruining his life,he's even considering staying out of the public eye for good.

FULL STOP he brings jobs he's bringing tourism and he's famous all over the world,and australian of the year ( so i hear) and this is how you treat a aussie icon,SAD IT IS,all this to make a buck.*grrrrrrr*

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Like someone else said, I was more worried about supporting the kids head than the croc (experienced baby handling person that I'm not)

It is slightly strange ( I can't think of a particularly good reason for taking your baby into a croc feeding show ), but I can't see its worth the vicious attacks from the media. It really looks like the media is likely to do more damage to steve and the kid than the croc would have ever managed . . .

If we want bizarre, what about the news story a month or two back, about an alligator escaping its packaging in a US mail office ? It was illegally sent, but the weird part is that it was only illegal to be sent based on its size . Your only allowed to legally send alligators through the mail that are less than 50cms . . .

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Actually, I think he was just an outright goose for doing it.

Dickhead of the year award.

And before everyone starts flaming, just have a think about it. The unexpected does happen from time to time. Thats why its called "unexpected" and a "risk". Too late saying " I didnt expect that to happen" when the kid is croc food.

Its ok to take risks with your own life, but adding someone elses to the equation is just plain stupid.

I'm fairly certain hes regretting it right now.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts