Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe some one can help me maybe you have had this prob before, where is it leaking from, its not powersteering fluid its oil! Where is it coming from???? Help

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Rockerbox or h/g, underneath exhaust.
At least those are the most likely.
Is it using a lot of oil?

Try checking the back of the head, it might be running down there and across to the manifold or down the bellhousing.....

Alex

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
its definately not brake fluid leaking out of the master cylinder onto the cat??

im not sure where the breather tube is for the auto (im assuming its auto?) but could it be coming out of that??

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Rear main !!They come as a std extra..rear main leak...

·
Registered
237 Posts
i had this prob in my ef
it was the oil pressure sender leaking
its just below the intake runners if i remember correctly

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
dont know how it can get frm the pressure sender to the exhaust...

It will be either of a few things

Rear of rocker cover
Rear of Head Gasket
Rear Main seal
Auto gearbox pump

the bottom 3 are expensive fixes.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Windage can make oil get there.. As you are driving...Pluss the oil drops down from wind to rearward parts. Leaves you thinking that its where its coming from..But it can be further forward from where it appears to be leaking....The "frustrating" part is rear seals can be wet or very slight leak [which is o/k] and something else can make it "seem" worse..apita..

·
Registered
30 Posts
if the cats under the tranny then u would be leaking tranny fluid from either wher the filler tube connects to the tranny due to a bad seal, or from a crack in the line.

where is the cat placed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had similar problems with a couple of falcon autos. What can happen is the internals of the rear of the box floggs out , you can throw as many seals at it as you want it wont fix it, the g/box guys do a mod (fit a bearing i think) into the rear section where the driveshaft enters then a new seal . All up $150 - 170 nz ,
Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts