Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Approach with caution.
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a stock F6 did a 13.00 at calder last friday, thats amazing!
These cars are so damn quick, Motor say its the fastest and quickest Falcon they've ever driven on a curcuit!
The F6 even smashed HSV in the part 1 of the PCOTY too.
So now we've got the best "Grand Tourer" in the BFGT and ultimate weekend warrior in the F6.
FPV really cater for everyone now.

·
Approach with caution.
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, i wonder how fast these things will go with bolt ons?
The BFGT and XR8's are already consistant 12 second cars with bolt ons, the F6 would surely be quicker?
I wonder what its lap times would get down to with a few bolt on mods?
Its already miles quicker than any other Falcon on the track, and was only bettered slightly for over all lap times by the track special 297kw 6L DTS Clubsport, and they said that tyres was probably the only reason!
Are they going to run F6's in the prody class this year?

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
4Vman said:
I agree, i wonder how fast these things will go with bolt ons?
The BFGT and XR8's are already consistant 12 second cars with bolt ons, the F6 would surely be quicker?
I wonder what its lap times would get down to with a few bolt on mods?
Its already miles quicker than any other Falcon on the track, and was only bettered slightly for over all lap times by the track special 297kw 6L DTS Clubsport, and they said that tyres was probably the only reason!
Are they going to run F6's in the prody class this year?
You'll soon find out how much faster they are, Moffat's son's going to be racing one in the performance car chamionship this year.

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Noboss said:
You'll soon find out how much faster they are, Moffat's son's going to be racing one in the performance car chamionship this year.
I like the sounds of that. Will be good to see.

FPV could make an F6 with a track package such as better tyres, suspension, Prem Brakes etc and would be a good base for production racing . I'm sure there would be a ready market there for them too.

·
1,934 Posts
Big Block Ford said:
I like the sounds of that. Will be good to see.

FPV could make an F6 with a track package such as better tyres, suspension, Prem Brakes etc and would be a good base for production racing . I'm sure there would be a ready market there for them too.
I like the way you think.. :hy:

But I think you'll find they will struggle a bit. There has been an F6 flogging around for a while. It didn't do much good last year mabe this year with Moff driving they might shine. :shh:

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
When i see a video of it..i'll beleive it...it probably had nitto's on, and was running far more boost than stock. I don't believe it for a second.

Cheers

·
Approach with caution.
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
firefox7 said:
When i see a video of it..i'll beleive it...it probably had nitto's on, and was running far more boost than stock. I don't believe it for a second...otherwise this news would be everywhere, on every forum...especially the turbo forum, and the other forum where this guy posts alot of regular BS anyway. No F6 to my knowledge has bettered a 13.9 yet stock...and is certainly no king on the race circuit. A cappa stage II BA XR6 should easily out do it anyway..they run 12's without even trying.

Cheers
It is on other forums, just look outside your own little sandbox.
So every run must be filmed, verified and signed off by Calder officials hey..? :zzz:
Didn't you read the latest MOTOR mag with curcuit test results?: "The F6 is the quickest Falcon weve ever had on a curcuit"...
Only bettered by the track pack 6L DTS 297 Clubsport, and they strongly believe it was tyres that seperated them.
No 1 in part 1 of PCOTY!! petty damn good results hey? First time a Falcon has Smashed a HSV on the track as well as on the road.
Stop living in denial, Be Proud of the current FPV range, its time to move forward and accept that that things have kept improving since 2001...

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
4Vman said:
It is on other forums, just look outside your own little sandbox.
So every run must be filmed, verified and signed off by Calder officials hey..? :zzz:
Didn't you read the latest MOTOR mag with curcuit test results?: "The F6 is the quickest Falcon weve ever had on a curcuit"...
Only bettered by the track pack 6L DTS 297 Clubsport, and they strongly believe it was tyres that seperated them.
No 1 in part 1 of PCOTY!! petty damn good results hey? First time a Falcon has Smashed a HSV on the track as well as on the road.
Stop living in denial, Be Proud of the current FPV range, its time to move forward and accept that that things have kept improving since 2001...

I'm not doubting it's potential, and yer right about what was said in motor magazine. It's also btw not the first falcon to smash HSV at the track as well as the road. When wheels and motor report a F6 STOCK, doing an ET of 13.00 i'll believe it, because it will be official. It has not happened yet. It's a shame that a turbo six is doing all the damage, not the V8 version. I'd much prefer the V8 doing all the damage and getting all the glory.

Cheers

·
Approach with caution.
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
firefox7 said:
I'm not doubting it's potential, and yer right about what was said in motor magazine. It's also btw not the first falcon to smash HSV at the track as well as the road. When wheels and motor report a F6 STOCK, doing an ET of 13.00 i'll believe it. It has not happened yet. It's a shame that a turbo six is doing all the damage, not the V8 version. I'd much prefer the V8 doing all the damage and getting all the glory.

Cheers
Yeah, i agree, Im a V8 man through and through too but im just Happy its a Ford regardless, times have changed and we have to accept that the technology and potential of the turbo 6 is far cheaper and easier to work with from Fords perspective.
The BFGT is a better "Grand tourer" than the Clubsport, and the F6 is a better "Track Toy" (and probably a better street car too) so FPV have all bases covered for Once, either way people have choices!
The sales strength of the BFGT is a good indicator that peoples requirement of a "Grand Tourer" is more important than track times anyway, but at least the F6 caters for those who want to play on the track too.

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
4Vman said:
Yeah, i agree, Im a V8 man through and through too but im just Happy its a Ford regardless, times have changed and we have to accept that the technology and potential of the turbo 6 is far cheaper and easier to work with from Fords perspective.
The BFGT is a better "Grand tourer" than the Clubsport, and the F6 is a better "Track Toy" (and probably a better street car too) so FPV have all bases covered for Once, either way people have choices!
The sales strength of the BFGT is a good indicator that peoples requirement of a "Grand Tourer" is more important than track times anyway, but at least the F6 caters for those who want to play on the track too.

If you had of heard the GT i saw at wakefield the other day,you would have wet yourself. It was the best sounding GT i have ever heard. They are a nice car but it just don't cut the mustard which is a damn shame. I agree it's the best Grand tourer ever. I'm also happy too that it's a ford be it the F6 thrashing around with fast times on the circuit. But it should be the GT doing that. It was a disapointing result in the latest magazine how it came last. Sure you can wake them up with serious mods and improve the suspension, but you shouldln't have too spend the dollars in the first place.

One thing i won't take away from the GT..straight line speed...it's got plenty.

Cheers

·
1,934 Posts
Things never change, the fox & the v man together .
The fox asking for more & the man saying there's plenty. :priest:

The F6 is a great car, its hitting the spot were the GT never could..
13 flat I doubt it, I have driven a couple [manuals] & there not a flat 13 sec car. But the auto is another story. I have yet to drive one but a mid to low 13 by all accounts is a fact.
So good on the F6 after a shocker of a start, there at last living up to the hipe. :hy:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
god ive missed you guys...... the love is back.

ALso i tuned a BF XR6T

when it was stock it ran a 13.9 @103

Nuthing but a tune and it went 12.7 @111 God i love fords

·
1,934 Posts
Xtreme F6 said:
god ive missed you guys...... the love is back.

ALso i tuned a BF XR6T

when it was stock it ran a 13.9 @103

Nuthing but a tune and it went 12.7 @111 God i love fords
Iv'e missed them to.
Shutup about the turbo tune the young blokes already planning a trip to WA to get his done..ha ha :whoaa:

·
Approach with caution.
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Noboss said:
Things never change, the fox & the v man together .
The fox asking for more & the man saying there's plenty. :priest:

The F6 is a great car, its hitting the spot were the GT never could..
13 flat I doubt it, I have driven a couple [manuals] & there not a flat 13 sec car. But the auto is another story. I have yet to drive one but a mid to low 13 by all accounts is a fact.
So good on the F6 after a shocker of a start, there at last living up to the hipe. :hy:
Nothing wrong with healthy debate or discussions! :hy:

You guys look for different things from a car to most, 99% of GT buyers arent interested in track times or track duties, most are comfortable knowing it will do 13.8 out of the box and do a low 13/high 12 with a few bolt ons, and there's all the other enhancements that comes with the GT, in every sence it is a true Grand Tourer, which id what FPV wanted to deliver.
The only difference is now FPV offer a legitimate track weapon too, so theres' plenty to be happy about @ FPV these days!

Lets not forget the new euro 3 Regs, they have placed a pretty big spanner in the works for performance car manufacturers, Ford are allready there, Holden are about to adopt about 180kg's with the VE to comply so id say on current form the BFGT will probably be a quicker track car than the Clubby too, with F6 miles ahead!!
Im sure you and Fox would be more than happy if you got into an F6 for weekend track duties, dare i say it but i wouldnt mind betting with a few cheap mods you'd be allot quicker around your favourite track than you currently are too!!! :priest:

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
4Vman said:
Im sure you and Fox would be more than happy if you got into an F6 for weekend track duties, dare i say it but i wouldnt mind betting with a few cheap mods you'd be allot quicker around your favourite track than you currently are too!!! :priest:

Yes i'm quite interested in taking an F6 for a thrash on the track. I'd run the same tyres to compare them. It would be interesting to see the difference and how the two feel. Got to have brembo's though...thats a must. The thing i like about the T, it's got the V8 Note, it's so well balanced on the circuit & it feels like a race car. If the typhoon felt as good or better then maybe I'd consider upgrading.

Cheers.

·
1,934 Posts
firefox7 said:
Yes i'm quite interested in taking an F6 for a thrash on the track. I'd run the same tyres to compare them. It would be interesting to see the difference and how the two feel. Got to have brembo's though...thats a must. The thing i like about the T, it's got the V8 Note, it's so well balanced on the circuit & it feels like a race car. If the typhoon felt as good or better then maybe I'd consider upgrading.

Cheers.
Yeah & pigs might fly too. LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
8 Participants
Noboss
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing