Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My car was broken into today. The pricks levered the lock to get into the boot. The list of things taken are a pioneer amp gm-x722, pioneer sub in sealed enclosure, rip curl satchel bag containing computer tools and my spare EL XR mag wheel.

Keep your eyes peeled for some magot trying to offload this, especially the wheel. It was like new with the original A509 tyre...

Thanks,
Jase.

·
XE Wagon owner
2,125 Posts
Bugga Jase_ELXR8 ...........

I just heard on the news that in Qld cars have been broken into & the torched .........

These mongrels need to take my car .... not a decent one :p

:fairy

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Damn jase!

well at least you still have your car, any bad damage?

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theman - not sure on the insurance, never told them it was there.
madxf - not really, one knackered boot lock and bent the hole where it mounts in. Think i'm going to fill the lock with araldite so it will never take a screwdriver again and just rely on the remote entry to it.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
yeah good idea, I've been thinking of doing the same thing, but must have another way to enter incase things go wrong

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
That's shithouse news mate. What is it with these scumbags? Can't they earn their own money? Pricks.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
sorry to here this Jase, did this happen at your home or were you out, looks like may be someone new what you had in your boot, wouldn't think someone would smash in a boot lock for a spare wheel...
Take the lock out, plate and bog the hole and piant it looks ok.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Jase_ELXR8 said:
Hi Guys,

My car was broken into today. The pricks levered the lock to get into the boot. The list of things taken are a pioneer amp gm-x722, pioneer sub in sealed enclosure, rip curl satchel bag containing computer tools and my spare EL XR mag wheel.

Keep your eyes peeled for some magot trying to offload this, especially the wheel. It was like new with the original A509 tyre...

Thanks,
Jase.
Common among EF/EL's round my parts. When you get it fixed, have the rear keylock removed and have the panel straightened. I had mine levered twice and a colleague who had an ELXR8 once (he had the keylock removed and gave me the idea of doing mine too...)

From what he told me it was simply a case of jamming a screwdriver into the lock and twisting, almost inviting some bastard to come remove the contents of your boot. I keep expensive (often broken tho...) computer parts in my boot, and after the fix my boot wasn't touched for the next 3 years.

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Used to be the trend with VT's as well (espcially SS) - screwdriver in the keyhole and there's a nice shiny SS rim for the taking. I removed the arm between the key barrel and the actual latch so you can twirl the key barrel as much as you want and it won't open.

Keylocks were removed from the boot from VX on, remote only.

Have the BAs still got keys for the boot or have they flicked them too?

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
BA's have no key for boot, remote access only...sorry to hear about the news Jase, hope they catch the bastards...

·
Psychopathic 6cyl. Freak!
22 Posts
Son's of bitches! Sorry to hear it dude.

How much is recovery going to set you back? And you even had a spare Alloy... :(

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
I may have to bog mine up with all this talk. Quite worrying to know that there are little pricks out there like that.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Bad luck dude. If you have a look at the inside of the boot, and the way that the lock is mounted, and you will be horrified by how crap it all is.
Someone has likewise had a go at my car.
My current plan is to remove the lock, and relocate underneath the number plate (so it is hidden by the plate).
I'm planning on keeping the lock in some form, since I've smoothed over the door lock after it was done in the same way . . . I just want to keep at least one point of entry with a key - but it will be a subtle one . . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts