Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this one their six? Ive noticed them in perfromance mags for crossflows @ $295. Would they have a long life compared to performance timing chains?

I mostly want it for the cool gear sound they make.

Pete

·
Registered
476 Posts
i love a gear drive sound...

should outlast a chain ok.

·
oh no! I've gone ford mad
134 Posts
yeah I wan one too! love the sound... but I've heard they are harder on all the valvetrain components.... cam etc, don't know how founded this is though...

Thanks
Craig

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
This has been discussed before, I think it was these forums anyway!

If I remember correctly the standard gear drive systems bought off the shelf transmit harmonic vibration from the crank into the cam/valve gear and can cause problems. The genuine race systems are designed differently and don't have that issue but are $900+.

How much truth there is to this argument I don't know.

Personally I like the noise, for about 15 minutes, after that its nothing short of downright annoying.

·
1 bad 302
963 Posts
xdc351 said:
This has been discussed before, I think it was these forums anyway!

If I remember correctly the standard gear drive systems bought off the shelf transmit harmonic vibration from the crank into the cam/valve gear and can cause problems. The genuine race systems are designed differently and don't have that issue but are $900+.

How much truth there is to this argument I don't know.

Personally I like the noise, for about 15 minutes, after that its nothing short of downright annoying.
You are correct in saying this has been discussed before. To find out got to "Search" and enter the "Secret" words:....Timing...Gear...Drives.

Bingo, up come all sorts of info.

Jon :angel:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts